Saturday, January 31, 2009
What is your salad dressing of choice?
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
DiPaolos Italian Kitchen
What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it
What are your pizza toppings of choice?
meatball and bacon (yum!!!)
What do you like to put on your toast?
How many televisions are in your house?
How many phones are in your house?
3 and 2 cells
Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
tonsils, gallbladder, lymph node, a small piece of my ankle bone
What is the last heavy item you lifted?
Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
If it were possible,would you want to know the day you were going to die?
If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I love my name....so I wouldnt change it
Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
I would do my best
How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
Got a ticket about 12 years ago
Last person you talked to?
Last person you hugged?
I love spring and fall
Day of the week?
June- usually go on our first camping trip that month
What are you listening to right now?
My playlist....Chris Cagle "Chicks Dig It"
not at all
First place you went this morning?
What's the last movie you saw?
Do you smile often?
Do you always answer your phone?
It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Stupid facebook....they send messages SOooooooo slow
If you could change your eye color what would it be?
no thanks, I will keep my green eyes
What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
never been to Sonic
do you own a digital camera?
Have you ever had a pet fish?
Favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night
What's on your wish list for your birthday?
Can you do push ups?
Can you do a chin up?
Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
neither....it will get here when it gets here
Do you have any saved texts?
Ever been in a car wreck?
not more than a fender bender
Do you have an accent?
No....everyone around her talks just like me (the rest of them have accents)
What is the last song to make you cry?
Because He Lives.....its a hymn that makes me cry everytime
go to bed
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Have you ever been given roses?
yes....I love roses. Hubby gives me rose bushes instead of bouquets so I can have them all summer.
Current hate at the moment?
Met someone who changed your life?
Yes. My husband and Jesus
What song represents you?
wow...gotta think about that awhile. I dont know.
Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Thats a toss up. There are times when I think I would, but then again I am very happy with my life. So if I went back I would only tweak things a bit, not really change anything.
Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
ears pierced and one tattoo
Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now?
Um...yeah. LOL I dont think that question applies to married folk.
Does anyone love you?
Would you be a pirate?
no way! Im scared of boats
What songs do you sing in the shower?
I dont usually sing in the shower. but I do sing everywhere else in the house.
Ever had someone sing to you?
My daddy always sang "You are my sunshine" to me.
When did you last cry?
a couple weeks ago, in the van
Do you like to cuddle?
Have you held hands with anyone today?
yes...Hubby and J
Who was the last person you took a picture of?
What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
Bruce Springsteen....and anything else my dad listened to
Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
Do you like pulpy orange juice?
What is something your friends make fun of you for?
Forgetting everything....and being a push-over
Have you ever ridden an elephant?
Do you like to play Scrabble?
no...but I kick butt at Candyland
What are you saving for?
When is the last time you ate peanut butter and jelly?
a few weeks ago for lunch
What song do you want played at your funeral?
Because He lives
What were you doing at 12 AM last night
reading blogs....yes, I have a problem
- the smell of little boys after a bath
- seeing C pull in the driveway
- a good laugh with Amy on the phone last night (Im still working on Friday night! Dont give up yet!!)
- Planning Februarys Meals out with just what we have on hand....woo hoo!
- Knowing that Baby Tuesday is safe in the Arms of our Heavenly Father
Friday, January 30, 2009
Flylady would be so proud of me... look at my sink! Shiny and clean. But PLEASE Flylady DON'T turn around and look at the rest of my kitchen. And don't look at my feet either because I just cant handle the "dress to the shoes" thing. Honestly, now as I am writing this my sink no longer looks like this, since it is full of dinner dishes just waiting for attention. It never ends. Babysteps I keep telling myself....babysteps.
And LOOK! See the happy bubble face that was in my pasta water tonight. Yes, the pic is upside down but so was the face. So I turned it so people wouldn't think I needed psychiatric intervention for seeing things that aren't there.
Still don't see it? Ok....look here....
Now that you all think I'm crazy....I will move along to my Days of Grace
- a much needed nap
- C's weekend
- living room being picked up (even if it only lasted 15 minutes)
- more cookies
1. I'd really like a Vacation right now.
2. Ow! is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is MINE!
4. Who is (just kidding) Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like Me and Chocolate
6. Pray on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to C's visit, tomorrow my plans include baking cookies and Sunday, I want to watch the Superbowl!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Where is your cell phone? Chair
Your significant other? Work
Your hair? Messy
Your mother? Friend
Your father? Awesome
Your favorite thing? Sleep
Your dream last night? None
Your favorite drink? Water
Your dream/goal? Heaven
What room are you in? Living
Your hobby? Blogging
Your fear? Loss
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
Where were you last night? Home
Something that you aren't? skinny
Wish list item? Jewelry
What did you do last night? Hurt
What are you wearing? Jammies
Your pets? None
Your life? Blessed
Your mood? Sad
Missing someone? Always
Your car? Van
Something you're not wearing? Socks
Your favorite store? Target
Your favorite color? purple
When is the last time you cried? Awhile
Where do you go to over and over? couch
Five people who email me regularly? Friends
My favorite place to eat? DiPaolos
Favorite place I'd like to be at right now?Camping
I went back and read this blog from the begining, well at least the begining of the bad stuff. I also found out today that a close friends Grandmom has breast Cancer again. Right now I am so down and sad and worried. So I gotta dig deep and figure out how to find hope after that bad news.
-Lets start with Trusting God. Trusting him to know what is best and leaving him to do his Will. We may not understand but we need to find Hope and have Faith that he is watching over all of us.
-Two sleeping (FINALLY) little boys.
-This is my weekend with C. Cant wait to see him tomorrow night.
-My 5 year old J, after seeing the blog about Tuesday and asking about her, automatically starting to Pray for Tuesday to get better. That child never ceases to amaze me.....how does a 5 year old know to pray like that? He also prayed earlier for me to feel better so that I could play with him.....how cute is that?
-May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the Holy Spirit.Romans 15:13
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Anyway....I found grace in this passage from Exodus. I even read it to Hubby today but he wasnt as amused as I was, lol.
Here is the rest of my list....
- I got my copy of The Love Dare in the mail today. Cant wait to start reading it (and watch the movie Fireproof)
- Pulling out some old pictures of friends and scanning them into Facebook. Lots of fun memories!
- More great news about Harper....we all keep praying and she keeps getting stronger. Thank you Jesus!
- Chocolate cake for breakfast (and snack of course!)
We have know one another for a long time now. Please understand that just because I live in a home surrounded by males...this does not make me a male. Please take the time to realize that the only week during the month that I bother to close the bathroom door...it is more for your benefit than mine. Also, when that week is upon us please realize that I find you all truly annoying. Seriously. The other three weeks a month you are all cute and adorable, even when your misbehaving. But this week....you're not so cute and adorable. And how can you not notice when to be on your best behavior? Why do you insist on saving your worst behavior for the time when I have the least patience? Is that an over-sight on your end or what? It is as simple as basic math...bathroom door is closed= be good around mom. Or face the consequences. I yell quicker, louder and more often. And if it seems like I am ignoring you during this week....believe me, it is much better for all of us this way.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Besides wiping snotty noses today, we also took the boys for haircuts. Then to surprise the boys I made dinner and served it on the Living Room floor like a picnic. We pretended we were camping and talked about all the fun stuff we did that day at the campground. It was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again soon.
This is our plates filled with picnic yummys....popcorn chicken, french fries, apple slices and a fig newton
Now for my Days of Grace list. Today I found Grace in....
- Talking with Hubby for 30 minutes about "nothing". Nothing about anything important, just a nice talk while cuddled up on the couch.
- A winter picnic!!
- Finding an old friend on Facebook that I havent talked to in 15 years!
- Volunteering to be a Twitter-er (or Tweeter??) for ExemplifyOnline.com
- Philippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything, Instead pray about everything, And thank Him for His answers.
Oh...one last thing.....check out At the Well. They are having a fabulous giveaway (that I want to win!!) so hurry over there and enter.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Days of Grace for today
-More God=Less Me I am loving this blog. So many messages are hitting home with me right now. Especially the verse in her blog header. He must become Greater; I must become less. John 3:30 Seriously Awesome!
-Good news from Kelly's Korner about Baby Harper. Great things happening over there....go check it out.
-My old house. We drove past it today and it made me think about how far I have come and how much better my life is now. That house was a dump. It was actually a second floor apartment. The roof leaked, it was falling apart and a drug dealer and prostitutes lived across the street. Scary and Awful. But it gave us shelter when that was all I could afford.
- Hubby is working TONS of overtime this week. I dont like it because I miss him but we really need the money so it is a blessing.
- Cuddling with R most of the day. Poor little guy is sick with a fever and a cold.
Now on to other giveaways. Entering giveaways has become another obsession for me. Especially since I have won a few things in the past few months. This only feeds the fire and makes me enter more and more. Today I stumbled across Bloggygiveaways.com and it is incredible. They have a Mr. Linky with over 400 blog giveaways. And yes, I am entering tons of them. So go....run.....enter your name too. Because I would love for all of us to be winners.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Here is the recipe from the stuffed chicken I made last night. It was super easy and super yummy. I got it from the All You magazine, but I couldn't find it online either.
Ricotta and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup ricotta
1/4 cup grated Parm cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 think slices deli ham
salt and pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. unsalted butter.
1. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, basil and garlic.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut a slit along thick edge of each breast half, forming a pocket. Open breast halves like a book and lay once slice of ham in each.
3. Spoon 1/4 of ricotta mixture on top of each ham slice, then close chicken over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken on both sides with flour until well coated. Discard remaining flour.
5. In a large skillet, warm oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter melts and begins to foam. Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes; flip and cook on second side for an additional 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside (cut to test).
Ok, I did tweak this a little. I was out of Parmesan cheese so I added a pinch of salt and also Oregano to ricotta mixture. It was super yummy.....J was eating it right out of the bowl before I stuffed the chicken. Plus, I used 2 pieces of ham instead of one for each breast. And since I don't measure when I cook....I know I used more than a 1/2 cup of ricotta. But I'm one of those people who think more is better, especially when it comes to cheese. Trust me.....this recipe is a KEEPER.
Days of Grace
Today I found Grace in.....
-A nice sunny day
-Hubby doing the grocery shopping today
-Quiet moments between coughs
-R having only a low temperature tonight
Now I need to medicate my son, turn on the humidifier, mop the kitchen and watch the Duggar wedding tonight. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week.
(BTW Rebecca Jo....these thin mints aren't from last year....hubby got the just this week. But I STILL have half a box. That's a huge accomplishment for me! LOL)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
So now I am curled up on the couch after a much needed shower. The boys are asleep and we are watching the NHL All Star Skills competition. And I just finished eating Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. YUM.
And no...I didn't log my food today. Go ahead....scold me. I deserve it.
Wow...I almost forgot my Days of Grace for today.
- A nice evening with Hubby. This is is first and only day off this month. He has been working so much and I feel terrible sitting here blogging when I could be rubbing his feet or something. Ok, not really but it sounded good.
-R's fever came down....and he is sleeping comfortably. Please say a prayer that he doesnt get sicker and doesnt spread any germs to the rest of us.
- Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies
- Hubby is considering going to church with us in the morning.....fingers crossed and prayers said.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Rules: Post the list on your profile replacing my answers with yours. Tag 25 people to do the same. Don't forget to Tag me back.If I tagged YOU, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I don't think so. I know my brother was but can't remember being told anything about where my name came from, so I guess my parents just liked it.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
In the van a week and a half ago.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Cheese, lol....I could go the rest of my life without lunchmeat
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes I would
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
No. Had them out when I was 4. And I was so mad at my parents that I wouldn't talk to them for awhile. I wouldn't eat either. Not until Dad made a cake and I got to lick the beaters.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Moose Tracks....but I'm really not that picky, I will eat any kind of ice cream
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
If they seem happy or not. For some reason I worry about people who don't seem happy, and it is my nature to try and "fix" them. Even though I am starting to realize I cannot make anyone happy but myself.
14. RED OR PINK?
Purple....OK, alright....If I HAVE to choose then I pick pink
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My eating habits.....you know, the cookie binges
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
C, I really wish he could be around more.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST??
It would be nice :-)
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Navy blue sweats and bare feet
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Disney Channel commercials and J blowing raspberries
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
21. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Food. Chocolate, Lasagna, Cookies, Bread, etc.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mom. I talk to her several times a day on the phone and on instant messenger
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE?
Yes, I do
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Nascar....call me a Redneck (please see EM for a definition of Redneck)
25. HAIR COLOR?
Golden Brown....at least that is what the box calls it
26. EYE COLOR?
Green....like my Daddy
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, but only when I go out. Around the house I wear glasses.
28. FAVORITE FOOD?
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I'm not much of a love-story fan, I would rather watch a nice, gory, slasher movie.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Juno....That's funny, Young Momma have the same answer again! I watched it last weekend when we had a free HBO preview weekend.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Off-white with an Amish quilt picture
32. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer....so we can go camping
33. HUGS OR KISSES?
34. FAVORITE DESSERT?
anything with Chocolate
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I'm cheating and not naming others....so no one
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
same as 35
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Daily Blessings Daily Bible
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
No mouse pad, I have a laptop
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Howie Do it and Tonight Show
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)?
My boys playing nicely and laughing
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Neither....but if I had to pick it would be Rolling Stones
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Sleeping....well, napping actually. I am really, really good at Napping.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? While I was working at the Cable office, he would come in every month to pay his bill.....the rest is history
Now I'm going to be terrible and not tag anyone. This was fun to do and anyone who wants to do it can just grab it and go. Sorry I'm not following all the rules.
Friday, January 23, 2009
-Amy doing a great job in court today. Way to Go Amy! I'm proud of you!!
-Finding a HILARIOUS website. Jackass Letters. I have been laughing all night reading the letters this crazy man has written. Oh...and he follows me on Twitter now...lucky me (-:
-Listening to my little boys saying their bedtime prayers.
-Psalm 11:7 The Lord does what is right, and he loves justice, so honest people will see his face.
-And......he loves me, he really, really loves me......Hubby brought back these beauties from his Walmart trip today!!!
2. Temperature changes, big and little.
3. During Sleep, I drool. (gross, I know. Sorry TMI)
4. Playoffs; are you kidding me???
5. Right now I'd like to be camping.
6. My cellphone is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to lasagna, tomorrow my plans include nothing and Sunday, I want to go to church!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Now the boys are in bed and Hubby is getting ready to leave for work. That means I can stalk all my blogs in peace and quiet. Yay! Now on to my Days of Grace list for today.
- a very long nap. It was WONDERFUL !
- New magazines that came in the mail (I love mail!)
- A friend making me laugh
- Actually making a few dollars on my ads
- Reading a vacation brochure. Sure it isn't as nice as taking a vacation but it is nice to read about them and dream.
Oh, one more thing. Rae Ann updated my blog button....so grab the new one and put it on your blog if you want. It would make me very happy!
OK. I'm throwing it all out there. Making myself accountable. You know, all that healthy crap. You see a few years ago I lost weight on Weight Watchers Points. Then gained it back. Then lost it using www.myfooddiary.com and then gained it back. Well, I need to lose it again...and hopefully not find it. And after these two successful times I realize that I cannot actually diet. I cannot give up any particular food. I do well when I just track what I eat. It makes me accountable and makes me think long and hard about what I want to eat or not eat. If I want chocolate I will eat chocolate but that means I will have to make some adjustments at a later meal. Good think I like veggies. With the way our budget looks, I cannot join WW and cannot afford my old website but I did find another similar site that is FREE. Yep, you heard me.... FREE
So I'm making myself accountable starting today. I will log anything and everything that passes these lips. Even if Hubby breaks out the deep fryer....I will log it. I just need to figure out how much fat and calories are in deep fried oreos?
So wish me luck, and push me forward. Because I know me well enough to know I will jump ship the first chance I get.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So here we go with my half-brain attempt at a grace list.
- LOST is back on. yep. I find grace in that.
- Ice cream. The kind I just ate while I am watching LOST
- Being done my dentist appointment. Cause I HATE going to the dentist.
- A big plate of yummy lasagne. I made it yesterday and we had it for dinner tonight. And there is enough leftover to have it for dinner again this week. Yeah! For cooking once and eating twice.
- The boys are asleep. They were loud today. And I needed a little bit of quiet. You know....to watch LOST.
I dont even remember what we were talking about but after I said something he rolled his eyes at me. Automatically I snapped that he is not allowed to do that and I never want to see it again. That is where I should have left it but I didnt. I push on. When I asked him where on earth he had picked that up he calmly said "From You". WHAT?!?! When??? Oh crap! He learned it from watching me? I didnt know I even did that....how can I scold him when I dont even know that I do that?
Hubby is a card-carrying member of the Clean Plate Club. I am not. This causes problems. J said he was full before he had finished his sandwich. Hubby tells him he is NOT getting up until he finishes his sandwich and that we are not throwing it away. So he manages to eat two more bites. Then Hubby gets up to use the bathroom. I pick up J's plate and throw his sandwich in the trash. J spends the next 10 minutes asking me if I was ignoring what Daddy said and why I didnt have to do what he said. He would not stop talking about it.
So much for being nice to the kid.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
OK, I am alot disappointed. I took this quiz to see how "addicted" I am to Blogging and I only got a 67%.
67%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Online Dating
Are they serious? How much more addicted could I be? I forgo housework and sleep for it. I dream about it. My whole life is now consumed with looking for what to blog about next. I am constantly reading other blogs and following new people. I have tried to hang out on Twitter, only to be drawn back to my blogger to see if anyone else has posted since the last time I checked. So how could I get such a low percentage? I can only imagine this is what a crack whore would think if her pimp told her she wasn't "whorish" enough. Wow. What a slap in the face.
Now on to my days of Grace
- A nice long nap
- Another Chocolate Lovers Pie (sorry Em!)
- a pan of lasagne
- Little boy kisses
- A visit with Poppop
And just to clarify WHY I am choosing him, he went above and beyond for me on Monday. Let me explain. I have a totally irrational fear of catheters. Not the normal human aversion to them but a FEAR. You see, I had 5 bladder operations as a child and have one too many scary memories of being held down by numerous adults while I was catheterized. Scary stuff when your a kid and that type of fear seems to creep into your bones and doesn't leave. About two weeks ago I had to have a Urodynamic test. It was horrible. And I was alone. Hubby was with the kids. So when I got scheduled for my cystoscopy I volunteered him to go with me. And he agreed. He could see how rattled I was after the last test, even though he wouldn't admit it. He is not a sympathetic man. Not at all. But even though he isn't sympathetic he can still support me and help me in ways that never cease to amaze me. What could he do to ease my nerves while facing another scary procedure? Make me laugh. And he does it well. We laughed and laughed as we waited for the Nurse Practitioner to come in. Then after she gave me numbing medicine, he continued to make me laugh while I waited for the Doctor to come in and perform the scope.
Wait...it gets better. We stopped at the store afterwards for a few groceries and he got me a Chocolate Lovers Tastykake Pie (FABULOUS!!), then he made a wonderful dinner of venison fajitas and THEN....while we were watching the Devils/ Predators hockey game he switched channels. Let me explain. We are Huge NJ Devils fans. And way back when, Jason Arnott was a player on the Devils but got traded and moved around and now he plays for Nashville. So when I say he changed channels I mean that he changed from the NJ broadcast to the Nashville Broadcast. Just to give me a better chance to see my Hockey crush. How sweet was THAT?!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here is my list for today...
- Finally being done these tests....at least we hope.
- My kids being good for Mommom today while I was having my test.
- Hubby going with me for this one. He kept me laughing so I didn't fall apart from nerves.
- Getting to go to bed in a few minutes...and not sharing the bed tonight. Hubby is working overnight. (yes, I miss him but I love spreading out in the middle of the bed)
- Snow. Mostly I don't like it but it is pretty. And today we had the best kind. The kind that falls and melts! No cleanup involved.
And please remember to keep these in mind. My friend Amy is still accepting Donations for her Polar Bear plunge. To donate click HERE.
And please pray for President Elect Obama. Even though we may have wanted McCain to win (or not) we should still stand behind our new president.
I just saw this on the website of Max Lucado. He is my favorite author and makes huge contributions to the Christian community. Right now he is trying to build a huge prayer chain for President-elect Obama. I signed up. Whether or not I agree with his politics I still feel the need to pray for him. To pray for his cabinet and to pray for his family. He will be our country's leader. We all, regardless of whether we like him or we dont, need to get behind him and support him. The BEST and easiest way is through prayer. So click on the button above, sign up and PRAY. The world will be better because of it.
Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can
have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God.
(1 Timothy 2:2)
Hello....Pantene.....are you listening?
Now an update on the wild elephant situation. So far, so good. None have made it in the house. J told me that we still need to be on the look-out. I guess those signs are working. Now if I could get him to make a no Bills sign....that would be helpful.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Do elephants really pay attention to signs?
and isnt this the CUTEST elephant you ever saw?!?!?!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
I almost hate to admit this but I just waited for him to fall asleep then snuck out of the bedroom so I could come check my blog. I am SO embarrassed. But I just HAD to do it. I didn't get any computer time this afternoon or evening. I really don't think I could have fallen asleep if I didn't come down here.
Which brings me to my point of this post... If you are new to blogging or new to reading blogs. Stop right now and click on your homepage. Get as far away as you can from this and any other blogs. They will SUCK you down! Your housework wont get done, your kids will lose a playmate and you will end up like me (and all of my fellow bloggers...don't make me point fingers because we know your all in the same boat that I am) checking your blog after your significant other falls asleep. Seriously Run.....fast. and don't look back.
Don't blame me. I tried to warn you.
......OK, are you still here?Good. and Thanks. I hate being alone. Now I am off to check my facebook and myspace.
Dont judge.....you know you do it too!
Now on to my day. I have wasted all morning online. Well, that isn't completely true. I did throw in some laundry, feed the kids and play with them for awhile. But that big stack of dirty dishes is still sitting there....and the bananas are still waiting for me to squish them into banana bread. And my plans to make cookie dough got pushed aside too. So now I am going to sign out....and pretend to be domestic for awhile. Then take a nap *wink*
Thursday, January 15, 2009
So now I get to pick 10 Bloggers who show me love....and even if they already have this award, Im still passing it along to them. So they know I love them and their comments.
1. Young Momma.....your always there for me. And always comment, which I love, love, love.
2. Deb......my funny friend. I look for your comments more than any other (except my moms comments)
3. Kristina P....the funniest Blogger EVER! And a very devoted commenter (to help me feel like a whore! I love it!!!)
4. Ca-Joh....thanks for all the Male input. It is nice to see things from the other side.
5. Eudea-Mamia.....Your like a member of the family....and I always feel like your so close when I read your comments. So either you like me, or you want me to send you Tastykakes. LOL
6. Jillene....I can always count on seeing your happy comments and they mean alot to me :-)
7. Amy.....because we go WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY back and I love you.
8. Samkay......C's other half. You always comment and that makes me very, very happy.
9. Mimi.....You and I are walking the same path.....and I can count on you for awesome comments.
10. Last by not least......I am giving my mom one of these awards. She always comments and leaves me love.....even though she doesnt have a blog to put it on, she still deserves to get it.
Now...to the slacker business. I have dropped the ball and left everyone hanging. I didnt do my Days of Grace for the last 2 days. Let me explain. Hubby is on day shift this week. I usually dont come up with my list until later in the day but then I cant post at night because I am spending time with him. So I am posting my list now....it is covers the last two days and today. Please dont hate me.......
1. God answered my prayer and helped me to get a bad situation fixed. I wont go into details but he allowed me to get my Enbrel for free, instead of the $800 that they wanted at the pharmacy. Way to to God!!! Thank you!
2. No temper tantrums for a few days. And I hope I am not jinxing it, but I needed to list that one.
3. Speaking of tempers, Hubby has been in a good mood all week. He even is talking about making some weekend-getaway plans.
4. R's bowel issues didnt turn into the flu......thankfully.
5. Deuteronomy 10:21 He is your God, the one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done mighty miracles that you yourself have seen.
So there you go.....now I have to go and wont be back on until tomorrow morning. It's a busy, busy week. Oh! One last thing......C goes for his driving test today. Please say a prayer for him during the test and for driving in general. I want him to be safe and stay safe while he gains more independence. Thanks!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
It was a quiet cry. No one noticed. I didn't want anyone to see me. Hubby isn't the sympathetic type. Just the opposite. He would have told me all the reasons it was wrong to be upset and to be crying. So I stared out the window of the van, into the dark, and cried. Then I composed myself before anyone could ask questions.
I was crying because my weekly visit with C consisted of a 15 minute ride home from Robotics. And it wasn't enough. You see, C is a very busy 17 year old. He is busy with school, busy with learning to drive, busy with after school activities, busy with a girlfriend and busy being on the Robotics team. That doesn't leave much time for me and my silly Mommy needs. I am still pretty new to the visitation thing. Up until this past August he lived with me. For 16 1/2 years I had him near me for all the free minutes he had. No, those free minutes aren't much but they are much more than I get now. Even though he is a normal teenage boy who would rather be alone with his cell phone, computer and TV....I still felt content knowing he was here. I could go see him anytime I wanted. I knew he was safe and sound and I could check on that anytime I felt the need. But now its different. Now I only see him every other weekend and every Wednesday. But lately that isn't even true. He is so busy.....and those times have become less and less. I understand that it is normal. A part of growing up. But it still hurts. My heart hurts because I miss him so much. He goes for his drivers test on Thursday and I hope he comes to see his poor pitiful mom more. Just because he can....and maybe because he misses me too.
I can hope.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
A Jay and Deb Production.
Tuesdays Tribute is about shining a light on someone or something that deserves a few moments (or more) of our attention. For today's tribute I choose my Mailman....or mail woman, or mail lady or mail person.....well, anyway....I want to honor her today.
My Mail lady supports me in my mail addiction. Come rain, come snow, come sleet, come hail....she is there. Most days she is here by 10am. How cool is that?! I can hear the loud muffler of her mail truck before it pulls down our street.
I know that she is coming and some days I rush out to meet her at the mailbox. Plus she waves to me. I stand in the window, waiting for her to bring my precious delivery and she waves to let me know she has delivered. She is like a super nice drug dealer who doesn't make you pay. My dad shares this addiction with me, in fact I believe he is the one who got me hooked on the rush of mail. Many people don't understand, including my mom. Silly woman! You have to find the joy in the little things in life, even if they are just catalogs and bills.
OK, back to my mail lady. I love her. I love her loud truck and I love how she visits me everyday but Sunday. Oh how I wish she would visit on Sundays too!
Now it's your turn.....go visit Deb or Jay and send out a tribute too!
Monday, January 12, 2009
So, what do you think? She did an awesome job. If you want a super cool button head over to The Button Box. Thanks again Rae Ann!!!!
Yesterday I skipped my Days of Grace post but Im back with it today. This is day 10/365 and here are the things that I found Grace in today....
-No major temper tantrums
-My Mom is feeling a little bit better today after being sick all weekend.
-C is also feeling well after his procedure Friday
-A nice long phone conversation with a friend
-Verse from Isaiah 41:10
Dont be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious hand.
Tena at My Therapy posted today about Delurking Day. Wow! I had no idea that existed. But I am glad it does. I love comments....and I love followers. It makes me happy. I used to aspire to be a great mom and wife, now I just aspire to reach 15 or more comments per post. Sad, I know. Blogging is such a strong addiction I think Blogger should make you sign a waiver when you sign up. Seriously.
But back to the Delurking Day......today is the day when you HAVE to comment. If you read it, you must comment. Its the law. Really...I didnt make that up.
Not me Monday by Lana at The Kids did WHAT?
Find your J-Spot...an interview with Jay at Cookies, Chaos and Conversations.
The Meme of PMS by Anna at Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder
Weekend Recap by Melissa at Stretch Marks
Not Me Monday by Blueviolet at A Nut in a Nutshell
Target and Stinky Pee by EmmaP at Musings of the Mindless Banterer
I also have a cute story to tell. One of the ladies in church told us that her Niece is pregnant again. Then she told us that her Niece's son (I believe he is 4 or 5) told his mommy to open her mouth so he could breathe a kiss on the baby. I thought that was an adorable thing for him to say. Especially on a day when there was nothing adorable about my own 5 year old. But today is a new day, and so far he is better. I've decided that I cannot fix him and his inability to control his anger.... so I am giving it to God and asking him to heal J. I would appreciate any additional prayer anyone wants to send our way. Thanks!
Happy Monday :-)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Im taking a break from my days of grace today. Sorry. But my brain and heart are just not into it tonight. I will pick up where I left off tomorrow.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
-Reading to the boys. I love glancing up to see their faces while they are listening to the story.
-Tonight will be an early to bed night. Hubby has to double back in to work dayshift tomorrow.
-Getting emails from my BFF. I havent talked to her in a few days and miss her. We have both been super busy but seeing her name in my inbox brought a huge smile to my face. (Love you Val!!!)
-My MIL agreed to pick me and the boys up for Church in the morning as long as it isnt snowing (hubby will be at work and I needed a ride)
I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are discouraged take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness;
let us exalt his name together.
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me,
freeing me from all my fears.
Friday, January 9, 2009
2. Nutella is what I crave most right now.
3. Cork and wine go together like Deb and Jay.
4. Chocolate is so nourishing. (really, it is!!)
5. Let us dare to Nap.
6. Please clean my home.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to TV, tomorrow my plans include dyeing my hair and Sunday, I want to sleep late!
Well, crap! That was the lamest attempt at one of these fill-in's EVER. Sorry to make you waste a minute or two reading that crap.
I should really be punished for that.....so I am going to punish myself by vacumming and folding laundry.
Right after Oprah.
Days of Grace....I was going to post again later, but I wasnt sure if I would make it back on here today. So here is my list for today.
1. Hearing the story of Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor. Mike died saving his comrades by throwing himself on a grenade. Not many people would give their lives for others. But he did. And we should all take a minute to let his story Grace our lives.
2. Getting the call that C was home from his procedure today. I am glad that it is over and just pray he is comfortable and wont need any more procedures.
3. The boys quietly playing. It doesnt matter what they were playing but I found Grace in how nicely they were playing together.
4. A few quiet minutes I was able to spend alone. Priceless!
5. And today I want to put my list on the list. Because having to think about writing Graceful things everyday has really changed my perspective.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
1. Winning the lottery. OK, I haven't ever won the lottery but I am guessing that I would like it enough for it to make my top ten list.
2. Water. Drinking it, bathing in it, playing in it....how could you not like water?
3. Wyatt...I love this name and if we had had any more sons that is the name I would want for him.
4. waffles. Smothered in strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. Or ice cream. yum!!
5. wedding cake- OK, actually I like every kind of cake. I'm not picky.
6.Whiskey. No, I don't drink it but it makes Hubby happy. Very Happy.
7.Whiz....as in Cheez Whiz. I love it on saltines and cheese steaks.
8. Wilderness. Even though the campgrounds we go to aren't technically the wilderness, I will pretend that they are so I can use that word :-)
9. Wireless Web....you know, wireless Internet that lets me sit my lazy butt on the couch blogging.
10. Worship. Because I love the Lord!
Whew! Glad that's done. Now on to my Days of Grace...
1. Discovery Kids Channel. J has been sitting and watching intently for almost 2 hours. and on commercials he is telling me all the stuff he is learning. That makes me feel less guilty about parking him in front of the TV.
2. My headache is finally feeling a bit better. That is always a blessing.
3. Can you find grace in a fried oreo? Just checking.
4. Sunshine. After the yucky rain we got yesterday I was very happy to see the Sun shining in the windows this morning. Seeing a bright sunny morning gives you a cheerful start to the day.
5. And I found grace in the following passage. Matthew 6:33-34
Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well. So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have it's own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
In case you can't tell, they are deep fried Oreos and Milky Way bars. Yeah. He went there. In case anyone wants to know how he made them, he started with this...
and some of this....
then dipped these in the batter....
And ended up with these....
It is no wonder I cant lose weight....how do you turn down a deep fried Oreo? Seriously? At this point I am just praying I dont gain another 10 pounds. Wish me luck.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Alright now that I have that off my chest I can move along to my 5/365 Days of Grace....
Today I found Grace in
-8:00pm bedtimes for the boys. I can finally try to relax after my stressful day.
-A visit to see Poppop at the Nursing Home. He was having a very good day and we talked about old times. I cherish any and all time that I have with him but the days when he is mentally good are the BEST!
-A man picking up trash on the side of the road. I was really impress especially since we were having some pretty heavy rain. He must be very dedicated...or crazy.
-A nice conversation with an old friend
-And I saved the best for Last....Psalm 4:6-8
Many People ask, "Who will give us anything good?"
Lord, be kind to us.
But you have made me very happy, happier than they are,
even with all their grain and new wine.
I go to bed and sleep in peace,
because, Lord, only you keep me safe.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Laughing, wrinkled little boys
10 for $10 Sales that provide my boys the next best thing to a Happy Meal
The new Season of Nip/Tuck starting (I feel dirty including this in a Grace list, but since it is making me very happy then I feel graced that it is happening today)
How many was that? 3, ok....2 to go....
The current book I am reading is providing me with lots of Graceful moments.....When Christ Comes by Max Lucado. You CAN NOT go wrong picking one of his books, they are all awesome.
And finally....thinking about my childhood. Yeah, we had ups and downs but for the most part, it was fantastic. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.
Ok, ok...I can post about other people. Honest, I can. Hey...just yesterday I posted about my Amazing Friend Amy and her fundraiser for Special Olympics. But today is a new day and with it brings Tuesdays Tributes and that means I gotta pick a new person to highlight. Hmmmmmm.....who or what should I choose? How about Uniqua from the Backyardigans?
She is one tough cookie. She can sing and dance and isn't afraid of anything. I believe she may even be tougher than Pablo, Austin and the moose (who's name escapes me at the moment). Hands down she is the best Backyardigan. I mean come on.....Tasha is, well....how do I say this nicely?....a little bit chunky and slow.
Seriously have you ever noticed that all the shows where there is any effort exerted, Tasha is watching from the sidelines? The race around the world episode she sat at the start/finish line doing nothing. I honestly cant remember if Uniqua was even in that episode...so I guess that was a bad example. And dont get all huffy-puffy with me. I am not against chunky and/or slow people...in fact I myself am chunky and slow. So I am qualifed to say that Uniqua is in fact better than Tasha. Anyway, I think everyone should take a moment to appreciate Uniqua in all her uniqueness.....and then pray I come up with someone or something better to write about by next Tuesday.
Monday, January 5, 2009
1. Chocolate, of course
2. Ice Cream. And no, my whole list will not involve food.
3. Camping trips. Anywhere, anytime. We love our camper and even sleep in there on weekends when we aren't camping (only during warm months)
4. Visiting the NJ or OC, MD Boardwalks. Fudge, Funnel cake, Caramel Popcorn, Salt Water Taffy, Tram cars, Warm sea air....oh, this list could go on for miles. As long as our visit doesn't involve this.
5. Warm, soft, fuzzy sweaters
6. Mail. Ok, dont laugh. I swear it is genetic. My dad and I both attack the mailbox as soon as the mail comes. I can not rest with mail in my mailbox...it haunts me. And finding out what came in the mail everyday is one of my FAVORITE things. Goofy, I know but it is me. (and no...this is not a pic of me...I only WISH I got this much mail)
7. Anything that comes from Sephora. Enough said.
8. Reality TV....Jon and Kate plus 8, Dirty Jobs, Bizarre Foods, Deadliest Catch, etc. I love them all!
9. Jewelry....especially Emerald Cut diamonds, emeralds or tanzanite. (P.S to Hubby...this is my DREAM ring, just in case we ever win the lottery)
10. Sleeping late...and I dont mean 9am. That is nice, but not late. I want to wake up AFTER lunch!
So...how'd I do? I feel like Julie Andrew's singing "A few of my favorite things". I can think of many more guilty pleasures but didnt want a list that was too long. I hope you liked it.....let me know some of your guilty pleasures??
- Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys
- Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.