Well, we didn't make it to Church today. R is sick with a fever and a cough. So we spent most of the day cuddled up under a blanket. Hubby took J with him to the farm for lunch. Then Hubby went to work and I have the kids watching a movie with a big tub of popcorn. Does anyone know the difference between how a cool mist humidifier and a warm humidifier helps? Our pediatrician recommends the cool mist but ours is broke. We do however have a warm humidifier and that is what I am putting in R's room tonight. It is better than nothing, right?
Here is the recipe from the stuffed chicken I made last night. It was super easy and super yummy. I got it from the All You magazine, but I couldn't find it online either.
Ricotta and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup ricotta
1/4 cup grated Parm cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 think slices deli ham
salt and pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. unsalted butter.
1. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, basil and garlic.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut a slit along thick edge of each breast half, forming a pocket. Open breast halves like a book and lay once slice of ham in each.
3. Spoon 1/4 of ricotta mixture on top of each ham slice, then close chicken over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken on both sides with flour until well coated. Discard remaining flour.
5. In a large skillet, warm oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter melts and begins to foam. Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes; flip and cook on second side for an additional 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside (cut to test).
Ok, I did tweak this a little. I was out of Parmesan cheese so I added a pinch of salt and also Oregano to ricotta mixture. It was super yummy.....J was eating it right out of the bowl before I stuffed the chicken. Plus, I used 2 pieces of ham instead of one for each breast. And since I don't measure when I cook....I know I used more than a 1/2 cup of ricotta. But I'm one of those people who think more is better, especially when it comes to cheese. Trust me.....this recipe is a KEEPER.
Days of Grace
Today I found Grace in.....
-A nice sunny day
-Hubby doing the grocery shopping today
-Quiet moments between coughs
-R having only a low temperature tonight
Now I need to medicate my son, turn on the humidifier, mop the kitchen and watch the Duggar wedding tonight. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week.
(BTW Rebecca Jo....these thin mints aren't from last year....hubby got the just this week. But I STILL have half a box. That's a huge accomplishment for me! LOL)
- Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys
- Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.