Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Super Frugal Recipe- Spaghetti Pie

My family LOVES when I make Spaghetti pie, which is great because it is so cheap and so easy. The recipe makes enough for 3 pans (3 dinners!!) and the best part is that you only have to do the work once! Just make some Broccoli and biscuits and you have a complete dinner.

Spaghetti Pie
1 onion, chopped
1 box Spaghetti (any long pasta, I love angel hair)
1 pound shredded mozzarella
1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 jar Spaghetti sauce (I always doctor mine up with herbs)
5 eggs (whip with a fork to mix)
4 Tbs. butter or margarine
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3-4 cups Ricotta
3 square pans (I buy 8x8 foil pans)


Cook spaghetti noodles and drain. Stir in butter. Stir in eggs and Parmesan cheese. Divide the spaghetti mixture between the 3 pans to form the "crust". In skillet, brown ground beef with onions then drain. Stir ground beef mixture into Spaghetti sauce and heat through. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over spaghetti crust and top with spaghetti sauce. Then top with shredded mozzarella. At this point I cook ONE of the pans and cover the other two with plastic wrap and foil. Label them with cooking directions : Thaw in refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap and replace foil. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil then bake additional 23-30 minutes or until hot in center and cheese is melted.

I love this recipe because it allows me to stretch a few items into 3 dinners, and with grocery prices going skyhigh this is a blessing. Enjoy!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick