Friday, October 10, 2008

Lemon Sponge Pie Recipe

Ok, I am posting the recipe for the fabulous Lemon Sponge Pie (I give all the credit to "Kitty" who posted it on Allrecipes.com) It is rather easy to make and tastes awesome. On the otherhand my Orange sponge pie kinda bombed. I put too much OJ and didnt cook it long enough so it is soupy. EW. I never said I was a good pie maker. So try the Lemon sponge and skip the orange sponge, trust me.

Lemon Sponge Pie
ingredients:
1 unbaked pie crust
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
4 egg yolks, beaten
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
4 egg whites

directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
Beat the egg yolks, flour, salt, milk, grated zest, and lemon juice into the creamed mixture.
In a clean bowl and with clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the egg whites into the filling.
Pour into unbaked pie crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperate to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

jewelstreet said...

Mmmm. This sounds yummy!

Just wanted to let you know I found you on the twittermoms group.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick