Friday, October 10, 2008

Pie Maker

I have a pie in the oven...it is an Orange Sponge pie. I took one of my favorite recipes (Lemon Sponge Pie) and tweaked it. I wont know how it turns out until after dinner tonight. I have to admit I rarely make pie. Which is terrible considering my hubby LOVES pie more than most things in the world. I do however make lots of cakes, because Im lazy and they come in boxes. Hubby hates cake. But today as I was preparing the pie to be baked I made myself a promise to make at least one pie each month for hubby. He is a nice guy and he works hard, so I suppose he deserves a treat once in awhile.

3 comments:

Deb said...

you're not going to share the recipe??? well, if you made your own crust, i'm not interested in it anyway.

you're a good wife. i'll be sure to check in on you next month to see if you are keeping your word!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Deb- the idea of homemade pie crust gives me nightmares, lol. I admit I only use those wonderful pre-made and rolled up crusts that come in a box. God Bless whoever came up with that idea. And I will post the recipe tonight or tommorrow when I have a few more minutes. I also wanted to thank you for follwing me....I was pretty excited to see I now have 2 followers :-) Happy Friday

Ray Jaquett said...

Your hubby needs a pie once a month. Maybe you make such good cakes is that your Daddy did. Love Dad

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick