Monday, October 27, 2008

Apple picking


We went to the orchard and got apples today. So I spent the afternoon with one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I really dont know what the name is, but it is wonderful. It peels, slices and cores apples and all you have to do it turn the crank. AWESOME! After all the apples were done, I assembled 4 pans for apple crisp and one pie. I put the pie in the oven and started on the topping for the apple crisp. An hour after the crisps were all in the freezer I realized that I forgot to put the eggs in the topping. Darn....now I have 4 trays and who knows how they will turn out. Are eggs really that important? Dont answer that. Then, if that wasnt enough, I burned 4 fingers on my left hand when I touched the burner. Apparently I left it on. I should have stayed out of the kitchen today :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it doesn't matter if you don't use eggs so you can save one of the Apple Crisp for us when we visit in December.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick