Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My playdate

I used to nap every afternoon. Now I nap about 2 or 3 days a week. That's thanks to my new medicine Enbrel. But this post isn't about medicine or naps. It is about what I do in the afternoon on the days when I don't nap. Those precious hours when I used to sleep are now filled with the crazy notions of an overactive 4 (soon to be 5) year old mind. My adorable child never ceases to amaze me the the games he thinks up for us to play. Yesterday we played several things but my favorite would have to be Bubble Doctor. I had to blow bubbles and catch them on the wand so that he (the doctor) could take his little key chain light to inspect the bubbles. If they were sick we popped the bubbles but if the were OK we set them free. I'm trying not to read too much into that because I don't want to think that my precious son would dispose of me if I ever got that sick, lol. Today we built a wind-scraper (skyscraper but his way of saying it is cuter)out of alphabet blocks. Then we arranged the blocks in alphabetical order and sang the alphabet skipping over the missing letters. That was actually pretty funny since we are missing several. Then we built a maze, raced cars, played "hockey" using wooden blocks and a basin for a net. Checkers was next.....and we don't have a checker board so this was basically a free for all, just to see who could jump over the other faster. Crazy stuff! We set up a blanket and went camping, complete with going out to his "restaurant" for dinner and then back to our make-shift campsite for a campfire, s'mores, ghost stories and campfire songs. Then my little one woke from his nap and our playdate was over. I love hearing all the ideas come flooding out of him.....he can turn anything into an adventure and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. My little guy is just starting to use his imagination. I can't wait. Thanks for stopping by my site. Your kind words were appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Denise, try to find a tape recorder and tape everything he is saying while you are playing and he tells you the rulls. I'm not talking a camera or video because he wouldn't be himself, but an old fashioned type tape recorder. I still have some stories that your brother made up and told you on tape. It is an awsome memory to cherish.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick