Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hard Work

Yesterday I bragged about Hubby. Im not going to do that today. Not because he turned into an awful person overnight but because he crossed the line. He implied that I do Nothing all day. All stay at home moms Dread that implication. We all know the truth and we know that staying home full time with our children is WORK. It is hard work trying to concentrate and write a blog while the kids are wrestling over the remote right in front of us. It is hard work trying to dodge flying food while trying to eat our lunch. It is hard work pushing toys to the side so we can walk through the living room to get ourselves another cup of decaf. Sheesh! How much more work do men expect from us? Is this the dark-ages?

3 comments:

Deb said...

oh lord... not THAT. if i were you, i wouldn't be speaking to him... at least until he apologizes profusely and recognizes that yours is the most important job in the world. he may also need to throw in a load of laundry.

i don't get that too much these days, mostly because his daily naptime has been exposed by one of his coworkers. not much he can say when he gets 1/2 more sleep than i do every single day.

Anonymous said...

Can you say Farmer? How about Mannington Man? Nah, just give him a big ole slap upside his head. That's what I would do if I lived within driving distance to you. Just pack up the kids and come visit with us for a couple of weeks. Yeah, that sounds like a Great Idea. Hugs, Love and Kisses.

Ray Jaquett said...

You know that he has felt that way from day one. I agree with your Mom, you should pack up the kids and come over for a few (days). Your husband some time get a nap on night work, with no one bothering his sleep. You lucky to get a hour nap durning the day. What I don't understand is he knows how hard is it to just take care of the boys when you do some errand, unless he takes them to his Mom. Let him try and do some house work too. Love Dad

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick