Tuesday, December 16, 2008


My calorie count for today must be in the triple digits by now....because I ate so many goodies today. Those saltine toffee bars are incredible. But mine didnt break...they are kinda chewy (even better). I took them out of the oven after 4 minutes because they looked like they were going to bubble over the edges of my cookie sheet. And NO ONE wants butter and sugar burned to the bottom of their oven a week before Christmas.

After making the toffee I made a pumpkin pie. I remembered seeing an idea on how to make jam pastries on Tonya's site awhile ago so I tried to make them and they turned out yummy too! I made 4 and there is only one left.

So now the boys are in bed. Hubby wont be home from work for 2 hours and I am planning all the things I need to accomplish tomorrow in my head. My parents will be here soon.....and I havent even started to get the room ready. Can anyone send me some energy and OCD like qualities....I need to borrow them at least until Christmas is over....please? Oh Heck.....I will just wait and let my Mom help me clean. How does that sound? Hmmmmm....I think I'm on to something :-D

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you make me goodies I will be happy to help you clean. No worries, just wait till we get there. Hurry up Saturday....

Kristina P. said...

Holy cow! What are you doing to me?!?!? :)

Unknown said...

Have some of my energy! all I have to do for the rest of the week is sit at a desk!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Oh Amy! Do you like to clean?? Im right around the corner if you get bored!

That Janie Girl said...

Hey, Mom...when you're done there, will you come to my house? Puhleeeeeeze?

Jen said...

Denise, these both look AMAZING! SEriously, I think I gained 5 lbs. just drooling over them!

Lisa said...

Those look sooooo good!

I hear on the pareng thing. Mine are supposed to come Friday, but may come tomorrow. I have to move the girls into the playroom and then change the sheets and clean the girls room for my parents. I have to clean the bathrooms, and the rest of the house too. I sure don't want my mom and dad coming into my disorganized messy house!!!

Jillene said...

They all look delish!! I wish I was your neighbor!! (0:

deb@virginia blue said...

oh! I have plenty of OCD qualities that I could lend you...my family would probably be oh-so-happy to have me take leave of them for awhile!

stopping by via SITS...LOVE your blog title!!

deb@virginia blue said...

thanks for the visit!
the buttons are pretty easy if you have any type of digi scrapbook or photoshop software...

if you leave me your email address, i'll shoot you a quick how-to!

Shauna said...

Yum! Now I am hungry :)

Anonymous said...

I just gained 10 pounds from looking at those yummy snacks!

Deb said...

i am in love with your food. totally wait for your mom on the clean up. mothers love to feel useful, right?

what are we making today? i can't spare any cleaning skills (you really wouldn't want mine), but i can help you eat all the goodies!

Nana said...

Oh Boy! Thanks for the recipe. I think I need some more though.

nikkicrumpet said...

YUMMO....now I need chocolate! And I am still laughing about "letting mom help clean" You are a girl after my own heart! And my mom would do it too!

Anonymous said...

YUUUUMMMMY!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick