Monday, December 1, 2008

The Day After

Wow...Yesterday was incredible. From the homemade cards I got from the kids and Hubby, to Ice Cream at my mother-in-laws, to all the birthday wishes I got from my bloggy friends. We also got to decorate our Christmas tree which is always a special time. I have to say that it was one of the BEST and most special Birthdays I have ever had. Thank you again, for making my birthday wish come true!

Today is a happy/sad day for me because my oldest is turning 17 today. He will be getting his drivers license and begining a new chapter of his life. We are picking him up after school and bringing him here for dinner, gifts and ice cream cake. I still cant believe my first baby is getting so old.

On another note I have to tell you about the train. Yes, the train. My Hubby and kids are all train freaks. We spend vacations going to ride trains and look at trains. We have trains in every room....Thomas trains, train pillows, train ornament, train cups....you get the hint. But Christmas time takes it to new level. Hubby puts up the train table....and sets up one of the many train sets he has. I love to see how happy those trains make him and the boys. Seeing the joy in their faces is enough to make me forget the one thing I hate the most....listening to the trains on the track. It is the loudest, most annoying sound. You can't hear yourself think. So the entire month of December I will spend in a loud fog of train sounds. I really need to ask for ear plugs for my next birthday....just so I can prepare for the month long deafness that the train will bring.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you had a wonderful Birthday and how cool that your oldest has a B-day right after yours...so happy Birthday to him too

Deb said...

i'm glad your special day was so... special! you deserve it!

wow... 17. and driving. i am only now beginning to realize the terror involved! mine gets his learner's permit in february.

give him a big happy birthday kiss!

Jillene said...

I am glad that your day was great!! Happy Birthday to your oldest!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such a great B-Day. As for feeling your age with Collin turning 17 how do you think your dad and I feel? Ancient... We can't believe he is 17 now either. We are so looking forward to spending a week there and seeing everyone, but the train noise not so much looking forward to. LOL

Ash said...

17!? You're giving me heart palpatations.

Happy, Happy Birthday to the Oldest!!

(Go easy on your parents please.)

Kristina P. said...

I;m glad you had a great birthday! I need a picture of the train!

Young Momma said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest! I don't even want to consider having pre-teens, let alone teens or an almost adult! :) I do, however, want to see pics of those trains. Especially the train table, what the heck is that?!?!

Blood Red Rain said...

Yeah the train sound would be rather annoying but as you said the happiness that it brings must be worth it to you. It must be fun to have birthdays back to back like that, my family is all very closely packed together as well. ^^
As for the being 17, I'm only 18 so I realize the fun and mistakes he is going to make but its so much fun to drive and be independent. He must be so excited, I know I was.

Jen said...

So it does pay off to beg for comments on your birthday? Lol! I'm so glad you had sooo many well wishes. It's just a nice validation, isn't it? Wow, you've got another birthday today! Between thanksgiving and Christmas,you've got LOTS to celebrate! Have fun with your oldest!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oh my goodness that's so funny. My son, who is 7, asked me this morning how old he had to be before he could drive. I wanted to tell him 45, but told him he still had 9 years to go. I can't imagine the time he is 17! Please tell me time REALLY doesn't go as quickly as "they" say? PLEASE? ☺

Vodka Mom said...

I will say a little prayer for your driver. AND for you...

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick