Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Ramblings

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Saturday we did go see Santa but that was the end of our excitement. Yesterday we went to my MIL's farm as usual. She made a big family lunch, as usual (thankfully!!) and me and Hubby finished hanging her lights. OK, all I did was stand under him and hold the lights so they didn't sit on the ground. Hubby climbed the ladder and hung them all very nicely. And I am only slightly jealous of this (because we bought icicle lights for our house and they are not hung, and are not getting hung this year) I also made some pretty darn tasty cookies....Gingersnaps with Orange Ginger Cream filling.

I also fell in love with a new blog yesterday...Cookies with Boys and Pamela if your watching I wanted to tell you that I ran out this morning to buy everything I need to make those scrumptious looking Saltine Toffee Cookies. Except that Hubby wants them made with Club crackers instead. I will post pics and tell you all about them after I recover from my sugar coma :-)

And before I go...I am going to ask that everyone pray for my Poppop again. I saw him for a few minutes this morning and he looked very sad and lonely. But because of Hubby's work schedule I couldn't stay as long as I needed. Please pray that he is at peace and comfortable. And I also would like you to pray for my friend D. She and her family are going through some horrible things right now and need all the prayers they can get. I can't go into detail but believe me....no one would want to be in her shoes right now. Thanks!!!


OOOOohhhhhh....I just saw a comment that Miranda left for me....I won her Poingo giveaway. Woo Hoo....Go visit Miranda and see her wonderful blog Keeper of the Cheerios!

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those look and sound amazing!!

K and/or K said...

This sounds like a great recipe---I better stay away! I am being sabotaged by sweets everywhere!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I just have to keep reminding myself that I am eating 2 cookies at a time....otherwise I might eat so many that I would pop! Oh...and they are even better the next day...in case anyone plans to make them.

Samkay said...

Oooo. Those look like ones that my mom makes. Hers are chocolate cookies with peppermint icing in the middle. My sister made them for my mom's party the weekend Collin was with you and he wanted to come over for the party. He was mad cuz on Tuesday, there were none left for him. He didn't know that they were gone by then end of the party. haha

Anonymous said...

Let's see in 5 days we will be there to see you for a whole week. I can't decide what I want you to bake for when we arrive so we don't go into a sugar coma ontop of our jet lag. You have made so many new type cookies and brownies I guess you can let the boys decide what they think you should bake and have ready for when we get to the house. I hope I get everything done before it is time to leave on Saturday morning. I can't believe it is almost here. Yeah!

Jen said...

The cookies do look amazing! Sorry to hear about your Poppop and friend struggling. Definitely will be in our prayers! Have a great day. Happy eating!

Samkay said...

My mom said that if you give us the recipe for your cookies you made, she'll give you the one that she uses. I dunno what all she puts in the cookie part, but they are GOOD.


We leave on the 23. The day we get outta school. I think our plane leaves at like, 4 ish. Oh, and my mom's boss hasn't given the book back yet. Once she's done it, she'll give it back to me, and I'll pass it along to Collin to give to you. He thinks that Tonya is gonna snag it first tho. haha

Deb said...

those look awesome!! luckily, they look too difficult for me, so i won't make them and then eat all of them. i have heard about the saltine toffee cookies. let me know how they are.

i do hope poppop is doing okay. i will say a prayer for him. hopefully his mood brightened.

i'm sorry about your friend. is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of sad things happening lately?

crack that whip and get mr. hubs outside to hang those icicle lights.

Nana said...

Those cookies look delish. How about a recipe?

Unknown said...

Those cookies look sooooooo good!!!
Love your blog : )

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I posted the link to the recipe....it is from Recipegirl.com

Pamela said...

The gingersnaps you made look so yummy! I LOVE Recipe Girl! I got a great recipe for Milk Chocolate Gingersnaps from there last year and I love that one. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Thanks for the mention on your blog. I'm flattered. :o) I am sure they will be awesome with the Club crackers. Looking forward to the review!

Ash said...

Oh yum - odd product placement of the Cootie box ;-). I should have Santa bring that for Oldest - great game.

Your Poppop and friend will both be in my thoughts.

Em

Nana said...

Oh I will eat some for you for sure. Remember to give up the cookie recipe.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! These cookies look great!☺

Lisa said...

I have an award for you at my place :)

Kristin said...

I will have to try out those cookies.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am trying out some different cookie recipes this year, and those gingersnaps looks pretty tasty, I will let you know how mine turn out...

I will pray for your poppop and your friend, we all can use all the prayers that we can get!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick