Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I wish it was Tomorrow...

Well, it has taken almost a year of my bugging him and near begging but we are finally going out to dinner tomorrow night. Just us, no kids....at a restaurant that you need reservations to get into......AND I CAN'T WAIT!!! Way back when, before the kiddos, this was our favorite restaurant but I think we have only had take out from there 2 times in the last 5 years. Only takeout. So last Christmas I got him a gift certificate and it has taken this long to convince him that the world will not implode if we go out to dinner and leave the kids with a sitter. In fact, his mom is watching the kids so it isnt like we hired some teenager off the street. I already know what I plan to order....as long as they havent changed the menu in the last few years. I will get Penne Ala Crab which is penne pasta with HUGE chunks of fresh crab meat and a white sauce, similar to alfredo. Then I will have Tirimisu for dessert. AWESOME!!!!

ok, Mom and Dad....stop reading now....dont go any further unless you want your Christmas present to not be a surprise. I hope you dont look.....seriously....no peeking Mom and Dad. Everyone else is welcome to see this....

I dont have money to buy presents this year so Im trying to make some presents. Dont worry, we have presents for the kids but thats pretty much it. So here is something I made today for my parents. I know they will love it, but I still wanted to share it with my bloggy buddies and see what they thought. When we were making the homemade ornaments this morning I saved some and I made this little Christmas scene. Nothing too fancy, just a tree with the trimmings and some presents and a drum. Anyhow, I baked it and then painted it tonight. It still needs some touch ups but this is how it looks so far.
And you can see how small it is next to the coin. Ok, dont laugh...I didnt have a quarter but I did have a Token from Chuck E Cheese and they are about the size of a quarter.


So what do you think? Is it too goofy and look like something a little kid would make their parents? Or is it a keeper?

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think it's cute! Have a great time at dinner tomorrow!

Unknown said...

It's GREAT!! A definite keeper! Enjoy Dinner. I wish I could go!! I love that place!

Young Momma said...

I think it's super cute!!! I'd sport it. ;P Have fun tomorrow! My hubs is taking me out on Friday too, it's so exciting! :)

Tonya said...

Well if you get done early enough at dinner, you can always stop in for cookies at Collin's robotics christmas party. I am making chocolate chip... and it is near your restaurant. (-:

I love the christmas present for your parents. Very cute!

angi_b72 said...

I like it...and I hope you have a great dinner!!

That Janie Girl said...

It's very very cute! They'll be happy, I promise.

Mimi said...

It's perfect. Eat some of that crab pasta for me too!

Jennifer said...

Hi--I found you through Mimi's blog. I like your little tree--it's adorable!! I hope you have a great time on your date!

Deb said...

you are super talented... i think it is so cute. i must have some sort of small motor skills issue because mine would end up looking like a big, yucky hunk of clay. i'm impressed. and i know parents especially love handmade gifts from the heart. i'm knitting. again.

Vodka Mom said...

i love it!!!

dinner? really? people actually DO that??

Jillene said...

Anything that is made with love is worth it!! I think that they will LOVE it!!

Have a GREAT time at dinner tonight!!

Anonymous said...

I think that's really cute. My SIL did the neatest project for the girls that work for her. I need to do a step by step of that project.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick