Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is it really Tuesday already?

Last week was wonderful. Seeing my parents is always a blessing and seeing them during the holidays was a double-blessing. With them here, I was able to not dwell on missing C and Poppop on Christmas. Not that I didn't think about them, it was just that they kept my mind occupied enough that I didn't get too sad. Mom and Dad made it home safe and sound and they told me they will be back when C graduates high school, which will be in June 2010.
Let's talk about Christmas...mine was wonderful. We got up and watched the boys open presents. It doesn't get much better than watching the amazement and gratefulness in the faces of little ones on Christmas morning. Even though they didn't get much, they were thrilled with EVERYTHING they got. I know that when C was little I would go totally overboard. I wanted to give him the same kinds of Christmas's that I remembered growing up. I remember presents overflowing under the tree, so many that it took forever to open them all. But (and I HATE to admit this) I only remember one particular toy. My Barbie RV. I know that I got pretty much everything I asked for but when I think back, I only remember the wrapped presents and I remember who I was with on Christmas. I remember my immediate family being there, and occasionally my grandparents. I remember going to my grandparents, opening presents (again, I don't remember anything that I got) and eating. Lots of eating. I remember going to see my other grandparents too. I can tell you all about my grandparents living rooms, decorations, food and how I felt on those days. And now that I am older I realize that it isn't about the presents and my kids wont remember their presents any more that I do. Hopefully we will make enough happy memories for them to look back on and then share with their children. If not, then at least we didn't go broke buying toys, lol.

This a a beautiful hand painted vase that my BFF Val sent me for Christmas. She is so talented, in so many ways...including making hand painted vases. I LOVE her!!!

Now I am going to read some of the blogs I missed....I'm sure I missed a ton. Please be patient with me if I don't post comments for another day or two. But eventually I will get caught up and be back to normal.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Denise, that sounds like a great Christmas! And that vase is gorgeous!!

Cajoh said...

I think that family is very important during the holidays. I'm glad you had a great day.

Have a very Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Wow Denise I had no idea Val was so talented. That vase is too pretty for words. I will send her an e-mail today and let her know how much I like it. I had a wonderful time with you for Christmas too. The only thing I am upset about is that it wasn't long enough. It went by so fast it is like we didn't have time to get all "OUR PERSONAL" time in you know? I miss you and it will be forever till C graduates. 18 months and counting. Love ya, Muah!

Jillene said...

I am glad that you had a great Christmas!! The vase is beautiful!!

I hope that you and your family have a Happy New Year!!

Mimi said...

I'm glad your folks made it home safe.

I worry about whether the Christmas' I give my kids are as 'magical' as the ones I remember growing up!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Wow! If you need to rest your eyes from that GORGEOUS vase, I will gladly send you my address for you to send it too. (you just won't get it back is all) ☺ ☺ ☺

Valerie said...

I love you too, my BFF! SEE...I READ YOUR BLOG!!!

Unknown said...

YAY! You're back! So glad your christmas was wonderful! And a BEAUTIFUL vase!!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.

Samkay said...

Haha that's awesome that you guys had so much fun with your parents this trip. I hope that next time they come into town, I'll get to meet them. =] Even tho when they come, it will be when Collin graduates and I'll be sad cuz he'll be leaving. =[ But, it's still a good thing that he graduates next June. =]

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick