Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday morning

Good morning! Today is a bright, sunny day. Makes you want to run outside and soak up the sun. Ok, maybe not. I am still in my jammies and just finished my decaf. Maybe later I will run outside. Or to my MIL's for lunch.

So has anyone else seen Fireproof? Hubby and I watched it last night. He huffed and puffed throughout the WHOLE movie. Laughing and making fun of it all. Yes, the acting was really bad but the message was good. He couldn't see past the bad acting. Oh well....I sit through his manly-movies so occasionally he needs to sit through a chick-flick, right?

I also want to know if anyone else has read "The Poisonwood Bible"? I am very close to finishing this book. It is very good, and very thought provoking. It also makes me feel guilty for complaining about all the luxuries I take for granted.

Ok, that is all the random thoughts I have for today....I need to get dressed, get the boys dressed, etc etc etc. Here is a scripture to think about today....

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Proverbs 8:17

8 comments:

Deb said...

yep, i have read it and i LOVED it. it's been a while, though. i do remember being completely engrossed in it.

i haven't seen that movie, but i have seen the commercials for it. it is definitely the kind of movie my hubs would make fun of.

it's so sunny and beautiful today here, too. cold, though.

Kristina P. said...

I haven't even heard of that movie or book! Ack!

Missy said...

The book is in my pile "to read." And the movie is now off of my "to watch" list...

Anonymous said...

You know what? I think I might have just bought that at the used bookstore last month. I forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder that it's on my nightstand.

Anonymous said...

It was sunnier and nicer out here. LOL

I want to see the move and I wouldn't mind reading the book too.

Hope you have a great day at the farm.

Unknown said...

glad you got to see it finally. I agree, acting not so good but the message was excellent.

It was a lovely day here!

Kristin said...

Loved the movie even with the awful acting. Adding the book to my list. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Rebecca Jo said...

yeah, the acting is horrible - except for my 80's heart throb, Kirk Cameron! But what a good message!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick