Friday, February 27, 2009

Days of Grace and Poppop

I have lots of happy stuff to share for my Days of Grace list. I even have some pictures. Lets start with......

- Homemade Vegetable Soup.....YUM!

Everything you see in this bowl was hand grown and hand picked out of my Mother in Laws garden. Even the beef came from a cow raised on her farm. Did I ever mention how MUCH I LOVE THIS WOMAN?!?!

-A nice visit with Poppop. Ok, not so much nice, but I cant seem to come up with a better word. I was very happy to see him, but he was having a very bad mental day. he was slow and confused. He knew who we were but he just didn't have the energy for conversation. I did however get him to perk up long enough to take a few pics of him with J and R.



- Next is for EM.....check this baby out....Tastykake Mint Chocolate Pie. I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like that Awful Eggnog pie. They had a real winner with the Chocolate Lovers Pie....how bad could adding a little mint be, right? -C is here. Yay! It is our weekend, and even though he is going to be busy, he is still here. Where I can see him. Hug him. Enjoy knowing he is near me. After dinner he even played 3 games of Pictureka with me, J and R. Oh! and he baked cookies too. I had made the dough earlier and he scooped it and baked it for me. God Bless him!!

-When I am afraid, I will trust you. Psalm 56:3

Ok, Im off to watch a movie with Hubby.....then head to bed. I didn't get a nap today and I am very tired. Good night!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Looks like a great day!

I wish C went to see your PopPop! I told him he should have met you up there!

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a blessed weekend filled with tons of love!! be blessed!

Mimi said...

What a great day! I love the idea of growing your own veggies. Even though I LOVE beef I don't think I could keep cows & then, well, you know!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick