Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good news!

So far so good. J is feeling much better. He made it all night with no throwing up. And his fever is gone. Thank you God! There is a small part of me who thinks it may not be over but for now I am enjoying the break. Thanks for all the prayers yesterday. I really appreciate them (so does J).
I realized something yesterday. Not only am I an emotional eater, but I am also an emotional baker. After making molasses cookies, banana bread and biscuits it dawned on me that baking calms me down. It wouldn't be so bad if I could bake and not eat the goodies, but it just doesn't work that way. Anyone want a snack? I have plenty to share.

And I wanted to share the recipe for the Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins I made the other day.....and if anyone plans to make them I highly suggest storing them in the refrigerator. They are much tastier cold. YUM.

11 comments:

Deb said...

send it all my way! especially the molasses cookies!

glad j is feeling better. let's knock on some wood and say another prayer!

Anonymous said...

I'm printing as we speak! You say cream cheese and I'm there. :)

Samkay said...

I know people who bake when they are stressed or stuff. Shannon is almost to the stress baking point. lol :) I can't wait until she does. Cuz then she'll make some good stuff haha

Jillene said...

Glad the puke is gone and thanks for the recipe!!

Tonya said...

Glad to hear J is feeling better. (-:

Anonymous said...

I called before I read this and you didn't answer so I thought he was still puking. I am so happy he made it thru the night so you were able to get must needed rest as well. I will keep the prayers goinng and talk to you later.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so glad your little guy is feeling better. Sick kids are no fun!!!! Hugs to you both!

Mimi said...

Yeah for J (and you!)

Those muffins sound fantastic!

I make huge batches of soup when I'm stressed. I freeze tons & give it away, cause my guys aren't big soup eaters.

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better!

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is feeling better. I got my fingers crossed that he didn't share it with R or you! Friday is ALMOST HERE!!

Jen said...

Glad your son is feeling better! Yay! Your recipe sounds tasty! I'm an emotional eater, too, so these diet pills don't work for me. They make me feel full, but I still eat anyway. Grrr.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick