Monday, October 19, 2009

Update....and making lemonade

I talked myself into fighting with the doctor today. I loaded the boys up in the van, drove 40 minutes and had a serious talk with myself, along with some prayers throw in too. I built up some fake courage and held my head high as I walked in the office. Only to be told that the doctor wasn't there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? Then the receptionist told me that they "tried to contact me". Oh really? When? Get this! Back in September. NICE!

Anyway, I got a new appointment made for the 29th. Then I took the boys to the playground until Hubby finished work at 6. He was meeting us for dinner at a local restaurant. The boys were great. Dinner was great. So see, I took lemons and made lemonade.


P.S. Dear Cashier lady at the restaurant,
When someone mentions that they used to work there years ago. Asking them WHEN is OK. But then telling them "WOW....that WAS a LONG time ago" is NOT OK.

10 comments:

mCat said...

"WOW that was a long time ago"

so.not.cool.

And you're going to be even more ready for battle with Mr Doctor next time around

Unknown said...

Now you have another week to get even more courage up to fight for what is best for you.

So not cool to comment about THAT long ago! lol But she is a bit dippy.

Mom said...

That Wow part was really funny... Sorry but it was... Did she call you Ma'm? LMAO

Sorry you have such incompetent staff at your doctors office. Maybe next week you can let your doctor know how bad they are. But if I remember corectly he already knows that they are very bad staff.

EmmaP said...

Glad you enjoyed your lemonade, in spite of the sour restaurant cashier! lol!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

Waitress said what?! OUCH! Not cool!

Rebecca Jo said...

Stupid doctor...

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yeah saying "wow that was a long time ago" is not cool at all.

Tracie said...

Were you still in a fighting mood when she said that?

Beth in NC said...

Snicker ... hee hee.

Now that IS frustrating about the doctor's office. Sigh.

Mimi said...

Girl, if I lived close, I'd be right there behind you ready to spout off to that Dr. when you finally do see him.

I'm glad you got some fun time with the boys!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick