Monday, October 19, 2009

Maybe I should print this and take it with me

I have an appointment to see my Rheumatologist this afternoon. I don't want to go. Besides the normal "nobody likes going to the doctors" feeling, this is more. This is the dread of knowing that my doctor isn't always sympathetic to my situation. I don't even NEED sympathy. But EMPATHY would be awesome. Believe me. Trust me. Don't doubt what I tell you. Just because YOU think this "miracle" drug should be working miracles in my body.....does NOT mean it is. Yes, it is helping. But there are many degrees to helping. And your "miracle" treatment isn't very miraculous.
So I am dreading this visit. Because at the last visit he insisted that all I needed was more time on the treatment. Well, I gave it time. I swallow your little toxic pills. I do everything you tell me to do. But I am not where you said I would be.....Amazingly better. Nope. Not there.

So please, please listen to me. Listen to what Hubby told you. Let me go back on my old treatment. It worked better. In less time.

Sorry about whining....I just needed to vent a little....and try to work up the courage to NOT just give in and go "Uh huh" at whatever he says. Because I do revert back to a helpless 10 year old child around authority figures.

8 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

You tell him! And yes, print this out and take it with you!

Unknown said...

If printing this out and taking it with you will help, do it! Don't be a doormat with your health and your body! Advocate for YOU like you would for your kids health, if necessary.

Tracie said...

Good luck! I revert to a helpless 10 yr old, too. I agree with AmyLK about printing this out for a tangible reminder.

Kristina P. said...

You deserve a good vent session!

Rebecca Jo said...

Praying for this doctor to have an open MIND... not just an open brain.. to HEAR what you're saying! You can be forceful in a nice way...

mCat said...

Go get 'em girl. You are the boss of your body, and YOU know what works and what doesn't.

Don't let anyone tell you differently. Ever.

Mimi said...

Oh honey, isn't there a better Dr. you can go to if he's not caring enough? Do not go along with whatever he says, you know your body, he just knows what the drug reps tell him!!

xoxo

Deb said...

oh denise! hang in there and be brave! drs can be so intimidating, but you know best how you are feeling and what your body responds to.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick