Thursday, October 29, 2009

Doctors visit update

I went to my Rheumatologist today. I spent about 5 minutes praying in the van before I went in, I prayed for strength to say what needed to be said and for God to make Dr. W actually listen to me. Guess what?! God is Good! I went in and it was WAY less stressful than the last few visits. We chit-chatted about kids, Halloween, dogs, children's TV shows.....oh...and me. He said he can tell I'm hurting. My blood work shows it too, apparently my numbers are up that show inflammation. So we talked about some options and decided on the following changes. My methotrexate is being increased. I told him that I feel better on it than I do when I am off of it, but I still don't feel good. He agreed. And he is still hopeful that it WILL do great things for me. Next, we discussed Savella, which is the new Fibromyalgia drug. I seriously can't tell that I am even on it.....so I am coming off of it and going to try Cymbalta next. A few more things were discussed and changed (can't throw all my dirty laundry out here) and then I got a cortisone shot in both hips. YAY. No, I am not a glutton for punishment and NO I don't like needles. But these shots help the pain in my hips A LOT. Totally worth the big, giant needles that they use. (Sorry Amy, that was for you! LOL)

So that's my good news for today. I go back in 3 months. Lets hope the increase in meds and the change in other meds will help.

I have to say Thank you to God......he answered some serious prayers for me today.

OK, I'm off to watch Glenn Beck on my DVR. I highly recommend everyone else do the same. Because some VERY scary stuff is going on in our Country and we all need to know about it.

Goodnight!

11 comments:

Tracie said...

I'm happy for you!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! I know I feel worse when the weather is damp and cold, which we get a lot of here. The Heat Treatment that I had for my neck really helped me though.

Robin said...

I at least have to be in the right mind to watch Glenn Beck. We record it too. Keeping you in my prayers and pleased that your doctor is listening to you. Blessings!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! God is good!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm glad things are going well!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the DR listened to you! And yes, I HATE needles, big or small!

Rebecca Jo said...

So glad to hear something good for you regarding a doctor's visit!! BIG Praise the Lord!

Deb said...

yay!! i think this sounds like excellent news! and oh, i totally know how miraculous those cortisone shots can be. TOTALLY worth the pain/needles.

have a great weekend, my dear.

Mom said...

All I have to say is Thank God for answering your prayers and it is about time your doctor listened to you and went with what you know you needed. Now I pray the next 3 months are easy and less painful for you. I understand the pain of the shots. I have had them and I would do it again because they help ease the pain so much. Now relax and let your new meds and the shots start to work.

Susan Berlien said...

It is a good day! :)

mCat said...

Glad to hear the good news! Keeping fingers crossed it all works!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick