Monday, October 12, 2009

Award, update and more

Today was a busy day for us. We took J for his chicken pox vaccine. Ouch. He handled it VERY well, thank God. Then we stopped at the farm and had lunch with my MIL. This afternoon I went to my doctors appointment with the surgeon. I'm having a stitch issue. This offending stitch is in a BAD PLACE. Real bad. And this stitch is poking out, but it is under the skin. Does that even make sense? I hope so. Anyway, after the doc checked me out he said it is a Delayed Dissolving Suture and that I have a 90% chance it will dissolve on its own in 5-6 months.

Did I mention it hurts? Not a horrible hurt, but a catch you in the wrong way kind of hurt. Quick, sharp pokes in a BAD PLACE.

My options are A) wait it out. See if it dissolves on its own or B) outpatient surgery so he can remove the stitch quickly. I have already had 2 surgeries this year (3 if you count my colonoscopy) and I am not sure I am wanting another one. Yes, it would be a super quick, in and out thing. For most people. I am not most people. I have Sjogrens and Fibromyalgia and I am still fighting the effects of the last surgery.

Hubby said it is up to me, my choice. I said I would like to wait it out. I at least want to give it a month and decide by my next visit with the surgeon.

If you had a sharp suture poking you in a a BAD PLACE would you wait or have them take it out?



On to better things......

My friend Mimi from Screaming Mimi gave me a new award. A very, very pretty one too! Thanks Mimi.....love you!!!


This award states:
Neno's Award - Rules & Regulations:


1.As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.


2.To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.


3.Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.


4.Don't forget to mention the person who gives you the award.


5.Answer the awards question by writing the reason why you love blogging.


6.Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.


7.Don't forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.

My reasons for blogging have changed since I started. At first I just wanted to try something new. To have a place where I could keep a record of my family life. Now my blog friends ARE family. I have found some awesome friends, learned alot and grown as a person. Blogging helps me to feel like a part of something, which is great when you are home all day everyday. It feels good to feel like you belong somewhere. I love blogging. I love sharing my thoughts, good or bad and knowing I have support.

Blogging has turned into a very important part of my life<3

I am picking a few bloggers who I KNOW love to blog.....

Amy at Amy's Awesome Nest

Alice at Alice in Wonderland

Susan at Warm Chocolate Milk

The last thing I want to share today is a scripture that touched me today....

If you come back to me and trust me, you will be saved. If you will be calm and trust me, you will be strong. Isaiah 30:15

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Thank you SO much! Now how do I grab this and put it on my blog? lol

Mom said...

If it was me Denise I would have the outpatient surgery and stop the pain from the bad place it hurts. You do what you feel is right for you. I will keep praying for you and God will help you this month. Hugs, Mom

Love your award too.

EmmaP said...

if it poked too much and if it got so bad i contemplated yanking it out myself, then i would go in... worse if it itches... bleh!

That Janie Girl said...

The outpatient surgery's probably the best idea...

Hope you feel better soon!

Kristina P. said...

I would definitely have it taken out!

~*Michelle*~ said...

OK, so how awesome is God to lead me here today......I SO needed that verse and inspiration!

Congrats on the award.....and I will keep you in prayer with that BAD PLACE issue. {{{hugs}}}

Rebecca Jo said...

OUCH!!!! Thats all I can think... OUCH!!!! ... oh... just OUCH!!!!

Susan Berlien said...

Thank you! I'm honored to be mentioned here on your blog! :) You are so nice to read and comment on mine.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick