Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday update

So far so good.....I got to sleep in a little longer than normal today. Which is ALWAYS a plus. Then I got a nice start on some housework and laundry. I think I finally figured out how to get stuff done.....Do it BEFORE I turn on the computer. If not, nothing get done except for blog stalking, lol. Well anyway, I have laundry in the washer, dishes in the dishwasher, I made breakfast AND a pumpkin pie and swept the floor. Look out South Jersey.....a blizzard is coming.

Earlier my phone rang and a cheerful voice on the other end told me that Poppop would be discharged today and transferred back to the nursing home but that didn't last. I just got another call that something is off on his blood work so his discharge is cancelled. Oh well, almost.


Now I want to talk about my mom again. She is totally devastated after losing her job yesterday. I truly believe that most of her sadness and anger aren't necessary about losing her job but about her being scared that she will have to move back east. Unless she finds a job making what she was making then they will need to pack up and move out of Arizona. My parents love it there and wanted more than anything to stay there and grow old together. But I think God has other plans....even if she doesn't like them. I hope that with all our prayers and a little bit of time, that she will find peace in her heart and accept that her and my dads lives are about to start a new chapter. I can think of many reasons why living back here ,or in Florida near my grandparents, would be great. For example they will be closer to the grand kids and get to see them much more often. They will also be closer to me....and what more could they ask for! Anyway, I hope that you will all continue to pray for her and my dad to get them through these dark days. Thanks again!

10 comments:

Tonya said...

I know exactly what you mean about getting housework done before turning on the comnputer. I keep finding the coolest ideas on everybody's blogs, but I spend so much time looking at them, that I never get to the projects. LOL

Jillene said...

Continued prayers!!

WOW--you were quite busy this morning!! Good for you!!

Dr. Wifey said...

whew- reading about all those chores made me tired!
so sorry your mom lost her job :( prayers ascending

Kristina P. said...

I think it's just a scary time. I would be afraid if I lost my job, but I hope that everything will work out for the best.

Lorie said...

Stuff has to get done around here before the kids wake up, other wise the chances of it getting done are slim to NONE!

I am sorry to hear about your mom. AZ is a pretty great place to live though! ;D

What type of job is she looking for? Shoot me an email and I will see if I know of anything.

Autumn said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!!

im the same way, if i turn on my computer all hope is lot for anything to get done haha.

sorry about your mom and poppop!

Ash said...

Thanks for inspiring me to go throw in a load of laundry.

I'm so very sorry for your mom. Being laid off hurts on so many levels - ah I remember well. There is actually a massive lay off going on at my husband's financial company today. Not pretty.

Em

Anonymous said...

How about you come here since you have all that housework energy and help me pack up to move back East? John can stay there and watch the boys and we can just have a terrific side of time packing things up, throwing things out and just enjoying our day to day conversations. What do you say?

Deb said...

you are so incredibly awesome, first of all... my stupid little button looks so hilarious on your sidebar! you really are a good sport.

thanks for your words of encouragement! i am going to offer mine right back to ya (we can be stalkers together!)... i will be praying for your mom. i cannot imagine what a mix of sadness and fear and anxiety she must be feeling. she is lucky to have a great daughter that wants the best for her. keep us posted.

also, i hope poppop feels better. do they know what the problem is?

take care... it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I'm one of those "sick" people that LOVES housework... LOL LOL.. and I love doing for other people.. I mean people I know and love.. not a business...

Gosh.. I'm so sorry about your mom.. She is soooooo lucky to have an AMAZING daughter like you... I will keep her in my prayers.. I'm knowing how she feels all to much..

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick