Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bad Mommy!

I did something bad this morning. I'm pretty sure most parents have done it at least once. Maybe not, maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better. Anyway, here is my confession. We were all sitting at the table for breakfast this morning. J and R were both having honeybuns and Hubby was eating an omelet. R (who is only 3) tells daddy "Give me Ham". Daddy tells him to eat his honeybun and then he will get ham. R then procedes to tell daddy, in his most assertive voice "I will eat honeybun AFTER you give me HAM!" This is where I made my mistake. Instead of scolding him on how he is not allowed to speak to his parents that way, or how he is not to DEMAND things from us, I broke a cardinal rule. I laughed out loud.....seriously, I cracked up. Whoops! But coming from such a small child it really was comical. Bad Mommy! Bad Mommy! Now I just wish someone would send me to my room alone....you know, to think about what I have done.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oops! But sometimes, you just can't help it. Remind me to tell you about Jacob "mooning" his pre-k class and my reaction to it! No one is perfect!

Jillene said...

Hahahaha!! I have done that before!! I also wish I could be sent to my room for time out--let's see--1 minute for every year of age adds up to 36 minutes for me time! If only....

Ash said...

We have a friend who will turn his face and laugh in his hands, but it looks like he's crying.

Works every time!

How we finally cured our then 2-year-old of saying "shit." Don't ask...

Em

Kristina P. said...

Honestly, I don't know how parents don't laugh more often.

Mandy said...

LOL! Oops! Yes, wouldn't it be great if we could be sent to our roos...alone...to think!! LOL! I would love that!

Just found your blog and I've subscribed! I also loved your Christmas countdown widget so much I added one to my own blog.

Anonymous said...

Okay now listen to your mom and go straight to your room to laugh for another 20 min and then you can come out again. LOL

Deb said...

you're just making that up so you can have a time out in your room. alone. perhaps napping. or maybe reading People, or doing your nails.

i hereby banish you to your room for one hour. or until your nails are dry... whichever is longer. ; )

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick