Friday, November 14, 2008

Sleep walking

During my visit with Poppop today he fell asleep. It wasn't long before he was talking up a storm about who knows what and asking what the final score was. Hearing him talk in his sleep always brings a smile to my face and occasionally gives me a good laugh. It all depends on what he says. He doesn't even know he does it, God bless him. I, on the other hand, know that I not only talk in my sleep but I also sleep walk. I don't do it all the time, it tends to happen if I have some stress going on or if I am worried about something. For example when my kiddos were babies, every night I would wake up in a different room. Thankfully I would not be near the babies, but I knew I was "looking" for them. One story that I find hilarious even though Hubby disagrees is one from about 10 years ago. Apparently I woke him in the middle of the night. I was sitting up on my knees, yelling and pointing at the floor. Of course it was pitch black in the room, but that makes it even funnier to me. I was screaming that there was a Groundhog in the room! I honestly don't remember a thing...just what Hubby has told me so I'm not sure how accurate all this info is. Anyway, I guess I was totally freaking out and arguing with him because I KNEW and could see this invisible groundhog next to my bed. "THERE HE IS, THERE HE IS, GET HIM!" The whole time Hubby is trying to reason with me (duh...I'm ASLEEP) that there is no groundhog in the room. Every time he mentions the story he gets mad all over again and I laugh my head off. Truthfully I never stopped laughing long enough to find out how it all ended. I supposed I went back to sleep, quietly dreaming.
And to be honest, he should feel lucky. My mom is WAY worse than me. She ,on several occasions ,has beaten my dad black and blue in the middle of the night "killing spiders". That slays me....first off, it is pitch black so she cant see them and secondly because if my mom sees a spider she runs away. She will not kill a spider because she is too afraid. So it is kind of suspicious that she gets brave when she is sleeping.....Maybe she is just taking out some quiet frustrations, LOL ...Just kidding Mom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to tell all the bad things to the world about you do you?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant to say you don't have to tell the world all the bad things about me do you?

Kristina P. said...

I talk in my sleep sometimes, but never sleepwalking! That would scare the daylights out of me!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Mom....you and I both know this isnt the worst thing I could tell, so dont worry. Your secrets are safe with me, unless I need a new blog topic. Then we can bargin, lol

Jillene said...

How funny!! My husband and all of my children are sleep talkers..REALLY fun for me!!

Deb said...

hmmm.... your mom has given me an idea... maybe i need to start "killing spiders" in my sleep too! haha.

glad poppop is doing okay. it sounds like he is enjoying his sleep, which i bet is comforting.

i do know that sleepwalking/talking is inherited. we know an entire family that does it and it just cracks me up.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick