Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ramp Riot

Today was an off-season event for my oldest son's robotics team. It was in Wissa-someplace, Pennsylvania. It took over an hour to get there, but thankfully we (as parent spectators) didn't have to be there as early as the students on the team. They had to meet at the school at 6am and be up to the event and ready to compete at 7:30. I was still asleep at 7:30. In fact my hubby came back from dropping off my oldest and came back to bed and also fell asleep. It was nearly 9 when we woke up. My first gut reaction was that we were late for the competition and then an even bigger reality hit me. My two little guys had surely gotten up before us. That is a scarey thought since one is a week away from being 5 and the other is 3. Thank God nothing was broke or severely damaged when we got up. They were already downstairs because the older one opened the baby gate to his younger accomplices room. All I can say is that I'm glad the Halloween candy was safely hidden in the oven.

We had a pretty uneventful ride up to the competition and when we got there our team robot was getting ready to compete again. They had two meets and then had some downtime for lunch. After a lunch of pizza and hot dogs we returned to the gym to watch more robot excitement. Oh wait! I forgot to add that as we were heading out the door this morning I got a call from the nursing home that my grandfather was ill and needed to go to the ER. They assured me that he wasn't sick in a life-threatening way, just congested enough that he needed to be seen. Back to the robots....The little ones love watching the robots and cheering for their brother but they were getting tired and antsy so we decided to head home. It had stopped raining so the ride home was better than the ride there and it seemed to go a lot quicker. Hubby dropped me off at the hospital on the way home so I could visit with my grandfather and help fill out all his forms. Then he came back to get me and we headed to the diner for dinner. It was a busy day but it was also a good day. I love watching my son and seeing how he is turning into a wonderful young man. He will be 17 soon and then driving. So I need to capture and enjoy all the moments I have with him before he grows too big to need his mom. I hope your all enjoying your I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted! (and I promise to post some pics from today soon)


Kristina P. said...

I hope your grandpa is OK! Mine was also recently in the hospital. He has dimentia, and is in a nursing home, and started getting violent with the staff, so they admitted him to change his meds.

It's hard to watch sometimes.

Queenie Jeannie said...

It sounds like a pretty great day all around! I too hope your Grandfather feels better very soon. And don't worry about your oldest son....he will need his Mom for always and always!! Just in different ways. I know, I have an 18 year old!!!

Candy hidden in the oven - too funny!

BTW, I *think* the Bella video is fixed. YouTube has been giving me fits lately.

Vodka Mom said...

WOW! I'm exhauted just READING about your day! Although, it does sound hauntingly familiar...

HOpe that your grandfather is okay.

Mom said...

I wish we were already back there so we could have gone and enjoyed the day with you as well.

Collin will always need his mom, that is a given. He will just need you in different ways you know.

40 days... and coutning...

Mimi said...

Stopping by from SITS & boy do we have a lot in common!!

I LOVE sunflowers, have 2 boys & you can often smell chocolate on my breath!

Sending prayers for your grandpa.


About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick