Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This and That

Happy Wednesday Everyone. It is raining here.....blah. Yesterday I went to my very first MOPS meeting and loved it. So did R. In fact he cried all the way home because he wanted to stay and play longer. For anyone who doesn't know, MOPS is a Christian based programs for moms called Mothers of Preschoolers. They provide fun for the kids while we have Mom time. And we all know that moms needs some of that precious mom-time.

Last night was the first soccer game for the boys. J played goalie, and did very well. That was his favorite position from last year and he loves it. R played....and by played I mean played everything BUT soccer. I don't think he even realized there was a game going on. It is both cute and a little frustrating. Frustrating because we have to keep telling him to stay on the field, to NOT lay in the grass in front of the goal, etc.

I finished "The Shack" last night. I would highly recommend this book to everyone. I cried alot while reading it(happy and sad tears) and I am almost sad that it is done. I think this may be one of those books that I keep so I can read again later.

I put some things on Craiglist and so far, so good. Someone is coming this afternoon to buy our bike trailer and we have someone coming on Sunday to buy our double jogging stroller. I hope they don't fall through. I have to say that working with Craigslist is so much easier than ebay. Plus it is free and ebay isn't. Enough said.

We have a new favorite place for grocery shopping. It is Aldi Markets. OH MY! We took a notebook and wrote down prices for anything that we were buying or that we may buy in the future. Then did the same at Walmart, since they were the cheapest place. After we got home I compared all the prices and Aldi beat the pants off of Walmart. Insanely cheap prices! Most of the items are store brands, which we normally buy anyway. And I compared to the Walmart Great Value brand prices....not brand names. And Aldi Still beat them. So we love, love, love Aldi.

Friday is Hubby and my 9th Anniversary. Saturday we are heading down to Dover with the kids to the racetrack. We sold our Sunday tickets but kept our Saturday tickets. So far the weather is showing a very nice day......low 70's and sunny. Can't ask for better than that!

10 comments:

Ash said...

Love your This and That. Love that R would rather study the clouds. Love that Aldi saves you lots of money. Awesomeness.

Happy Anniversary, a bit early!!!!

Alice in Wonderland said...

We have had Aldi for a few years in England, and they really are cheap for buying groceries! They were originally a Scandinavian firm, and it's good to see them spreading to America! Some really good bargains to be bought there!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have a great anniversary weekend!

Kristin said...

Thanks for all the prayers during this difficult few days with us. I attend MOPS and love it. I have met so many wonderful and godly women through MOPS. So glad that you liked it. As for Aldi...not sure. I have one (brand new) by my house but haven't tried it out yet. Can you use coupons there? Happy early anniversary to you.

Mom said...

Glad you enjoyed MOPS and I know that means the two of you will go back again. glad your book was so good. Big High Five for J playing goalie and a big laugh for R for just being R. Saving money I wish there was one of those near me. Boo. and last of all Happy 9th Anniversary to you and John. (((Hugs)))

JennyMac said...

Love This & That!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

The boys were so cute at soccer last night! Happy Anniversary!

You need to rest between now and Saturday so you can enjoy the races and the good weather.

mCat said...

Woot to the Hoot! Love weekend, coming right up!

Happy 9th!

John Deere Mom said...

It's raining here too. Blah is right. Glad you are loving Aldi. My mom shops there...but I am too anal about many things. Maybe I could try a couple of things. Baby steps. ;)

Mimi said...

Interesting, we have a new supermarket being built across the street from out Kroger & I think it's an Aldi's. I'll have to check it out.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick