Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grumble, Grumble


I chose that title because it covers BOTH topics of my post. My complaining and our Dinner (actually my stomach rumbling).
I will start with Dinner, cause it is going to be AWESOME. Hubby has been rocking the smoker all day. He is making Ribs, chicken and sausage. All smoked to perfection. We are also having Crabs!!! YUM. I made coleslaw and deviled eggs to go with our feast. I sure hope Mom and Dad have lots of room in their tummys because we are going to feast like Kings tonight!!

On to the complaining. I hurt. Not so much from the surgery but from my Sjogrens and Fibro. Yesterday was awful and today isn't much better. I am very thankful for my non-stop prescription for Percocet but HATE HATE HATE that I need them. I also hate that this stupid disease(s) practically run my life. We have been talking about making a trip to FL after my parents move, and all these plans are wrapped around me. How I will feel and how my limitations will effect our trip. UGH! I don't want to be sick! I want to be normal!!!!
Sorry...sometimes I need to do that. Does it help? No, not much...but it is better than letting it swim around in my head and infect my moods permanently.

How are you enjoying your Holiday weekend? Whatever you do...keep if fun and keep it safe!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Denise, I hope you get normal too! And that dinner sounds so awesome!

Rebecca Jo said...

Hate you are still hurting friend... dang it!!! Hang in there..

Enjoy that dinner... wow.. that sounds so yummy!!

Deb said...

dinner sounds AMAZING! i think i can smell the smoking ribs from here! and, deviled eggs are my absolute favorite.

oh denise, believe it or not, i am glad to hear you complain a little. it is definitely better than keeping it inside. try not to stress out about how you MIGHT be feeling and focus on getting better from your surgery. it'll all work out! :)

Blog Stalker said...

Let it all out, it really does help you feel better, even if it doesn't(sounds crazy but its true)

Unknown said...

Oh no! So sorry you are hurting. but the menu sounds Delicious!

Kristin said...

I wish that I had a way to make your pain disappear. Maybe that yummy dinner will help.

Mimi said...

The food sounds amazing and the pain sounds terrible. {{{hugs}}}

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick