Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do you think he would trade bodies with me for just one day??

I went to a doctors appointment yesterday. It was just a visit to my PCP to ask a few things, discuss some other medication options and get a flu shot. I left mad. Why is it that all my doctors except one (and the second opinion rheumy) downplay fibromyalgia? Why? Is it because they haven't had much experience with it or it is because they are hard-headed nincompoops?? At this point I think it is the latter. Let me explain what happened yesterday.....



We were discussing how this past month (since my surgery) has been really rough on me. I have been in a bad flare and even my pain meds are not working like they should. We also were discussing how I cannot tell if my new medicine Savella is working or not because of this flare. In all his wisdom he tells me that I am a "special"case and so much worse then anyone else with Fibro......Oh REALLY?!?!?! I think not. I know of many other fibro patients who spend their days and nights in pain. They try treatment after treatment and none seems to help as much as the doctors believe it will. So I am NOT special or worse, I am just a normal fibro patient.



Please...any and all Fibro readers out there please back me up on this. Thanks!!!

9 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

doctors can be dorks...

its gotta be frustrating for you...

Alice in Wonderland said...

If only doctors could walk a mile in our shoes!
Things might be different then!
Happy Tuesday!!!
Good thoughts!

Unknown said...

Ok. If you are such a "special" case and are much worse than most people with your problems, then he should not have had ANY problem with filling out the forms! Right?

What a JERK!

Sorry, I didn't think of this yesterday when we were talking! :)

Kristina P. said...

Man, doctors can be jerks!

Mom said...

I hate when your doctor is not up on your issue but won't admit it. They just act like you are not normal and they make you feel like you are an idiot and are comp;laiining about nothing. They do need to spend a day in your body. That might give them some idea of how to treat you.

Susan Berlien said...

Sounds like time for a new doctor.

Soft Hugs to All: Laurie D. said...

Some days I want to go to the doctors appointment with a hammer in my purse. When he comes in the room start hitting his knees, ankles, elbows and everything in between. Then ask him how he feels. Then explain to him that the pain is only a small part of what we have to deal with on a daily basis. Doctors are afraid of any diagnosis that they can't explain or fix. They have themselves on such pedestals, that they feel they should be able to "fix" everything. They don't want to admit that they just don't know anything when it comes to fibro. Lord forbid they ever fall off that pedestal. So, they try to make us feel inferior to make themselves feel better. OH, you have no idea how I can get going on this topic.
I hope you feel better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
Soft Hugs to You,
Laurie D.

Rochelle said...

I back you 100%. Doctors are such idiots sometimes! (All due respect though to the good ones!)
And still laughing at the 'nincompoops' phrasing... don't hear that every day anymore. ;) Good choice of words!

Say farewell and find a new doc. I know it's exhausting, but it really can be sooo worth it. I can't be happier that I have a new doc, just by 'luck' (if I believed in luck) that my former doc left and a new awesome one came in her place!! So thankful. As a result, I'm now a firm believer in finding a new one.

*gentle hugs*

Mimi said...

Hmm, insensitive doctors suck.

xoxo

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick