Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random thoughts

What a crazy week, and it is only Tuesday. I am going to skip right over Kanye West's initial screw up and jump to Taylor Swift. Did anyone see how gracefully she handled all the questions about Sunday nights AWFUL and disrespectful outburst? If not, here it is....


THAT right there is amazing. Yes, Taylor Swift is amazing. I really enjoyed her music before this, but I am even more of a fan now. Do you know of any other teenagers who would handle a situation like that with so much grace? No hate, no anger. Someone raised that girl right!

I went for my post-surgical check up with the surgeon yesterday and with my GYN today. Both visits went well and both said I can be done my restrictions in 2 weeks.

J lost his first tooth today. And by lost I mean LOST. He didn't even know it came out and has no idea where it went. I suppose he swallowed it at some point. It has been loose for awhile and I knew it would be coming out soon. I am just glad it happened at school. Because there are two things that as I mom, I have trouble with....one is snot and the other is teeth. Loose teeth, teeth coming out. AWFUL! Give me puke or a splinter any day but not snot or teeth. (BTW, I had to reassure him that the Tooth Fairy will still come without his tooth)

This scripture has been in my head all day:
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

To me this means that God will give me the strength to finish everything that he has planned for me each day. And I need to listen to Him and know when it is time to rest and to let everything else go. Good thinking, huh??

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I never really loved Taylor. Didn't really have an opinion of her. But I love her now. A very classy woman.

Susan Berlien said...

I always loved her. I'm not surprised.

Mimi said...

How sad for Kanye that this little 19 year old girl has more class than he will ever have!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

wonderful thinking! wonderful! God has decided i've done enough laundry and i can go watch HOARDERS on my dvr. Isn't HE wonderful? hehe

Jillene said...

She really handled it well. I am not a fan of Country music AT ALL but I adore her now!!

YAY for the tooth fairy. Hopefully she doesn't forget. Sometimes she forgets to come to our house and it is NOT a good thing!! (0;

Bramblemoon Farm said...

I hope she stays this way. I've been so disappointed with a lot of the young singers. They just can't seem to stay grounded. Sigh. I hope she does.

Teeth give me the willies. I can't even watch the kids wiggle them!

I'm glad your appt. went well:)

Unknown said...

I like that scripture. There are days when I need that reminder.

Taylor is a classy young woman. I hope she remains that way.

And I am so happy your Drs appointments went well! YAY!

EmmaP said...

thank you for the scripture... i needed that!

and teeth? really? worse than puke?... hmmm.... ok.

glad the post-op appt went well!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

I already liked her singing, but the strength it took to go and perform and then when Beyonce let her have her speech and she didn't mention the Kanye thing, she just is amazing. Since I would have needed to spew about what Kanye did, Taylor just has so much class. Kanye I was never a fan, but I will boycott him no win any way I can. He took what should have been a night she would never forget, in a GOOD way, and ruined it forever for her.

missy said...

stopping by from SITS.
poor Taylor.....i think she is an amazing and VERY talented singer!!!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

yipee for the tooth fairy!!! :)

Oh wow.. she did handle herself so well, didnt she... I love when she was like "Kayne's here... nice haircut... what's he doing?... ouch"... that's funny!

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the video I didn't see that. She was so calm and graceful. I agree someone raised her right.
I am glad your only 2 weeks away from restrictions.
I am also happy that JP finally lost that wiggly tooth that was freaking you out.
I enjoyed reading that scripture too.

mCat said...

Taylor is a class act. I hears last night, that her stunned reaction was more because she thought the crowd was booing her and agreeing with Kanye. I can't imagine how that must have felt.

She's got some class that girl!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick