Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


After spending this week whining and doing nothing after my surgery I want to spend today doing something more important. I want to think about what Good Friday is about. About how Jesus spent his last human day. How awful it was, and how much pain and disgrace he felt to save Us.
Yes Us.
You, me and everyone else.
He was up on that cross thinking of each and every one of us. If you were in an accident and someone rescued you, you would spend the rest of your life being thankful to that person, right? But so many people dont feel the same about Jesus, when they should. If it wasnt for his self-sacrifice we would all face a long painful eternity in Hell. But now we dont have to. We can choose to love and follow Him and live for eternity with Him in Heaven. Which is WAY better than saving us from an accident here on earth.
Heavenly Father, Thank you for sacrificing yourself for us. We fall so short of deserving such an awesome gift. Help us all to do a better job of living to glorify you. In Jesus Name...Amen

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Being LDS, we don't really have Good Friday as a holiday, but I've always appreciated the day and reflected on the meaning. Thanks for sharing this.

Deb said...

this is beautiful, denise! thanks for always gently reminding us about what is truly important.

hope you're feeling better and resting!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

You are so right... how often we forget how thankful we should be. Its a perfect day to reflect & recharge our thankfulness to our Savior who gave it all!

Mimi said...

Amen, AMEN!

Jen said...

I've been truly inspired and uplifted by all who have wrote about Jesus' suffering and love for us on this day--Good Friday. Thanks for sharing. I am, indeed, thankful and grateful.

Carol said...

Thanks for your comment at the Cafe! Happy Easter!

Missy said...

Great post! This is truly a beautiful post!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick