Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Couch Potato it is!

OK, I give......I am done trying to "help" around here. I'm going to listen to the doctors, nurses and all the wonderful friends and family members and sit my butt down and leave it there. Wow. This is going to be hard but I know I need to do it. I think my biggest problem is that I deal with pain daily (Sjogrens and Fibro....yep!) and have to continually push through to get stuff done. So my mindset is kind of set that way. But pushing through the Sjoggie and Fibro pain wont cause me to need more surgery. So with that in mind I am retiring to the couch. Only to be moved in case of meals, potty breaks and bedtime. See where I am sitting? I will still be here in 6 weeks. I promise. Ok, I promise to try really hard.
Luckily I have several new books sitting here with me. The Shack, The Purpose Driven Life and my newest (review book...not available in stores until later in Sept) You Were Born for This. Oh! And I just got an email that Ted Dekker's Three is being shipped to me. Thank you Paperbackswap.com!

P.S. Thank you Jillene, I needed that "example" of what could happen.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! Sitting, resting and letting your body heal is just the thing!

Mimi said...

Rest is exactly what you need!

Queenie Jeannie said...

You DON'T GO girl!!! LOL!

Hugs and I'm happy to hear this!!!!

Deb said...

thank goodness you have come to your senses! be still!

Jillene said...

I really didn't want to scare you, or freak you out but I had to be told the same thing so beacuase I care about you--well I guess I had to be harsh in a loving way!! (0;

Ash said...

Couch, cool, yeah. Good girl.

You get to review a book - how cool is that!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Good for you! Let the couch and your butt reunite!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick