Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update...good news

I went to the doctor yesterday and left with a smile on my face. Well, sort of. To start with he is increasing my Methotrexate from 4 pills a week to 7 a week. Ugh. That's tough to be happy about, especially since my hair is falling out already. But he said after my blood test on Thursday he will know if I need a medicine to help stop the hair loss. He cleared me for surgery (two doctors down, one to go!)and when I asked to start on Cymbalta he suggested that I be put on Savella instead. YAY!!! Cymbalta is a drug for depression that is also used to treat Fibromyalgia but Savella is an actual Fibromyalgia drug. He said that all the info about it shows great results. So WOO HOO! FINALLY a medicine to treat the fibro. I have been waiting a long long time for this. So yes, I am thrilled and have my hopes up....and I will let you know how it goes :-)

Thanks again for all the prayers....they are helping and I appreciate them all.

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!

SO excited for you to start on some new meds... praying it will be a TRUE answer to some of your hurts...

Jillene said...

YAY!! Great news!!

Kristina P. said...

This sounds like excellent news!

Ash said...

Happy, happy day!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

That IS great news!

Unknown said...

YAY!! Finally, A good visit to the Drs!

Mom said...

I am so happy about this Great News. Yah!! This is wonderful. I just hope they find a way for your hair to stop falling out. My prayers are with you Babe.

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick