Friday, July 24, 2009

Green Eyed Monster

OK, I am going to admit it.
*POUT*
I'm jealous. I didn't think I would be, but today it hit and it hit HARD. I am jealous of everyone having a great time at BlogHER '09. Yes yes yes, I am happy FOR them but I wish I was WITH them too. Stupid Twitter is overrun with tweets about how great it is and how much fun they are having. Even some blogs I follow are coming straight from ChiTown. Ugh. This time last year I didn't even know what BlogHER was, shoot! I probably didn't even really know what a blog was either. But here I am. Chin-deep in a Blog addiction that I cant fight. And did you hear....you get free swag at BlogHER. I LOVE free stuff!!!
So today I ask Hubby if I can go away for 2 days next year. "Why?" he asks. So I tell him how BlogHER'10 will be close by...in NYC!
He laughed. He shot down my little hope and dream of smoozing with other bloggers, getting free stuff and spending 2 quiet days away from home.
Crap. I guess the only "quiet" time I will be getting is when I head to the hospital next month. Can you think of a hospital stay as a vacation?? Is it wrong to ask the doctor to let you stay a few extra nights?

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I would totally love to go next year! Finally, I can take another trip to NYC.

Rebecca Jo said...

Maybe you can get HIM to BLOG soon!! And then HE'LL want to go!!!!

Sneaky!!!! Worth a try?

Samkay said...

How about this...You and me go to BlogHer '10? Tho I have no idea what it even is. lol But we should totally go there. lol maybe then he'll say yes lol :)

Mom said...

OMG I have never heard you be jealous of ANYTHING in your life. This must be a really BIG thing that you are hooked on and if there is any way I can help you to get there next year all you have to do is ask. I am hear for you. Just say what you need that I can do okay?

Bramblemoon Farm said...

I'm right there with you! I would have loved to go too:)

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick