Friday, July 31, 2009

I keep telling myself it could be worse


Hubby told me some scary news today. His department at work is cutting back. His is the last department to make these deep cuts and just the thought that they are doing this during the "busiest" season scares the crap out of me. If it is THIS bad now...what happens when things slow down in the winter months? Anyhow....he works for a flooring manufacturer and is on a 3 shift rotation. They are cutting out friday night work shift (which means he will miss one day every 3 weeks...no pay) AND they are having a few shutdowns between now and the end of the year. More days off.....no pay. And It looks like his department will have quite a bit of time off during December and the company is "graciously" allowing the workers to use vacation time from next year to cover that lost time. Seriously? Are the suit and tie guys in the corporate building taking a hit like this? Are their hours being cut back and days taken away. Of course not. I know that things are even worse in some departments and I AM very thankful that hubby still has a job. Nowadays anything can happen and we dont take it for granted at all.....but it still scares me. I have been trying to cut back and/or do without when I can....but it looks like I need to dig deeper and do a better job.


If you dont mind please say a prayer for Hubby and all his co-workers.....they (WE) need all the prayers we can get. Thanks!!

9 comments:

Ash said...

Prayers on their way.

That Janie Girl said...

I'll definitely be praying as well. Found out a week ago my name's on the layoff list, too.

Rebecca Jo said...

Will for sure lift up a prayer....

Such a scary time for so many people

Kristina P. said...

I am so sorry. It's such a scary time for a lot of people.

Prayers coming your way!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Thanks everyone....You have no idea how much your prayers and thoughts mean to me.

I love my Bloggy Friends!!

Mom said...

Prayers with extra kick in are on the way... Love you, Muah!

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for your husband, you, and his coworkers. I know that if two or more people pray something big happens and God starts a work that no one would believe if they didn't know how big He is!!! Have a blessed weekend!! :)

Deb said...

will definitely be praying! yes, i suppose things could be worse, but that doesn't mean you can't be concerned! you know the suit and tie people are watching out for themselves only.

~*Michelle*~ said...

I will be praying....not just for your husband's employment, but for peace, wisdom and acceptance of God's will for what lies ahead.

Blessings~
*~Michelle~*

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick