Thursday, March 11, 2010

Poppop

Poppop is sick. Very sick. He went to the ER last night because he was lethargic, weak and pale. The ER ran blood work, x-rays and CT scans. They told me he is dehydrated, has a lung infection and his blood levels are down. Way down. They also found a HUGE mass in his abdomen. And by Huge I mean that when we lifted his shirt we can SEE it from the outside. Yeah. Why didn't the nursing home TELL ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

After all this is done I will be having a nice long talk with them about this, as I believe that constitutes neglect.

Anyway.....he had two blood transfusions so far and may need more. We wont know for sure if the mass is his cancer has come back since we don't want to put him through any unnecessary procedures to find out for sure.

The ER doc told me if the IV fluids and blood transfusions don't perk him up then I "need to get prepared".

I bawled all the way home and for hours last night. All I can do right now is pray and cry and then pray some more.

Forgive me if I am not around for awhile.....Poppop is my priority.

Thanks!

9 comments:

Denise said...

So sorry, praying for your dear poppop.

Kristina P. said...

I am so sorry! I hope he only gets better!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am so sorry.

I really hope he gets better.

Wendyburd1 said...

First I hope PopPop gets better!

Okay, this is all my fault I admit it. But people are thinking I am no longer reading them and so I don't want them to read ME and COMMENT, and I DO! I AM still reading you and I will start commenting again I promise!

I got into a bad rhythm when I started having so much computer problems, I started not commenting thinking most my comments were probably lame and not wanted, but i see that was a mistake and want to rectify that NOW. I am going to get back to my Comment-Whoring ways...that is Kristina's phrase remember that, LOL, and so come back to me my friends, I NEVER left you, I just got way too comfy with Google Reader and read you there!! I LOVE my bloggy friends!!

Mimi said...

I'll be lifting poppop up in my prayers, along with you.

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

I'm very sorry, I'll be praying for you and your family. I've been there with my family as well and I sure hope he gets better!

Deb said...

oh DENISE! i am so sorry i missed this post!!! my prayers are with you and poppop. i KNOW this must be so horrible for you and i am thinking about you. please take care.

mCat said...

I'm so sorry. Sending you good thoughts and prayers

Debbiedoos said...

Awww...this brought back memories of my dear Grandfather. I miss him so very much. He is lucky to have you:)!~as you are lucky to have him...

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick