Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday rambling

I don't blog as often as I used to. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because I have some other things to do now that take up my time and bad because I miss it. I have been busy with Poppop, with daily work, the kids, etc. On top of all that I haven't been feeling well. My meds are not working very well. I went to my Rheumatologist visit last week. He said my blood work is showing increased inflammation and my joints are swollen. Duh! Thats what happens when you take half my Methotrexate away. So he increased my meth up to 6 a week and will be doing lots of blood work to watch my liver levels. If they increase again then we have to go in a different direction with my treatment. I may go back on Enbrel or I might try something completely new. He also changed my Percocet to Percodan, because the Percocet has Tylenol in it and that is bad for my liver.
I have several friends and family members who have been all but screaming at me that I need to find a pain management doctor. I know that I should. But there is a part of me that hates the idea. Goofy, right?

Poppop is doing OK. He is stable and comfortable. Each day his mental status is different and we never know what to expect. Hubby and the boys went with me after church on Easter Sunday to see him. Unfortunately he was having a bad day and could barely stay awake. I just hope that he was happy on the inside to see us.

I treated myself the other day. I stopped in a Christian book store and found some clearance books for the boys, a tshirt and ring for me. I LOVE my new ring. It is a mobius ring and it has this verse on it... Do Not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6
I am facing a few trials and this ring will be a physical reminder to hand these trials over to God and to trust he will do what is best.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring day!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad he's doing OK! Still thinking of you.

mCat said...

Continued good thoughts your way. And for the record, I also am shouting at you to find a pain managment doc. Worth every penny.

Kristin said...

good to hear from you. you continue to be in my prayers. BTW that is one of my favorite versus.

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry about your increased pain. I'll be praying!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick