Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daytrip to PA

We took the boys to PA today. First stop was the Train museum, then the train yard, then the train shop....you get the idea. It was a train day, lol. After all that we went to the farmers market and then to the Bird-in-Hand Restaurant to have dinner before we headed home. That is where my favorite part of the whole day happened. While we ate I watched an elderly Amish woman take several cell phone calls. HER CELL PHONE! My mother in law cant even figure out how to use a cell phone.....so seeing this woman gab like a teenage girl was AWESOME!

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year! I am really excited for 2010.....because I'm thinking it HAS to be better than 2009, right?!?

6 comments:

Mom said...

"RIGHT"

Annette W. said...

I went to Strasburg on the 18th with Meghan! And Derek and I went to Bird In Hand in Sept.

Yeah...the Amish are funny...you certainly can't assume too much with them since the bishops decide what is and is not okay. (I actually had lunch today at my Amish neighbor's home...totally unplanned. I went to visit at 11, not knowing they ate early.)

EmmaP said...

RIght! oh - and btw, my **old order** Amish aunt has a CELL PHONE!!! yup! sure enough! oh - and I am on Facebook as "emma c miller" :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Funny about the cell phone. Heck, I don't really know how to use my cell phone!

Unknown said...

sounds like a lovely day-trip!
Here here to 2010!
Happy New Year my friend!

mCat said...

I'm fascinated that the amish woman would have a cell phone. I clearly do not understand enough of their culture.

Happy New Year!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick