Thursday, December 3, 2009

Santa

Santa Pictures, Images and Photos
I was reading a Dear Santa blog written by The Girl with Flour in her Hair and it made me think that I should share my childhood experiences with Santa. Ok, I didn't have THAT many experiences WITH Santa because I was terrified of him. I was also terrified of the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc.
Yeah...I was THAT kid.
Forget pictures with Santa....you couldn't get me NEAR Santa. No Way, No How. I didn't care that he brought presents. Any man (rabbit, fairy, etc) that came into our home while we were asleep was Scary and Creepy in my book. One time Santa came to our school and walked classroom to classroom. I panicked and hid under my desk. And every Christmas Eve (Easter Eve, etc) I spent sleeping in between my parents in their bed. HECK NO! I wasn't sleeping alone while that weirdo creeped into our house. If they made Childrens Xanaxs, I'm sure my parents would have put some in my chocolate milk just to keep me from flipping out.

Its ok if you want to call me a freak.

They ended up telling me the truth just to save me from my child sized panic attacks. I know now that it was disappointing to them. They wished for a few more magical years of Santa leaving presents under the tree.

As for me, it was one of the happiest days of my childhood. Yes it was!
I do have to admit that I am thrilled that my fear was NOT passed down to my boys. So far none of them has a fear of Santa. Whoops! I should have waited until after this years pictures with Santa to say that, right?!?

3 comments:

Tracie said...

I hope you didn't jinx yourself! I was afraid of everything as a kid, too. Unfortunately, my youngest is the same way.

EmmaP said...

awww... poor thing!

Unknown said...

Well, your parents saved tooth fairy money then! Good luck with the Santa Pictures!

About Me

My photo
Im a Christian Stay at home mom...that means I am a professional multi-tasker and I give all the credit to Jesus. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful sons. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

More about Me....

Here are some posts that explain about my illnesses

Health Class 101

Things you need to know

Mornings and Why I don't mind being sick